Popular Websites & Security?

focus

Reaction score
I was wondering do popular business websites such as jetstar, the million dollar website, usana, etc have a security team that specially just deals with the security of their websites?
For example: checking logs, updating pages, etc to ensure that the website does not get hacked?
Or are they just very secure when they are created so do not need to waste money on a security team?

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I was wondering do popular business websites such as jetstar, the million dollar website, usana, etc have a security team that specially just deals with the security of their websites?
For example: checking logs, updating pages, etc to ensure that the website does not get hacked?
Or are they just very secure when they are created so do not need to waste money on a security team?

Typically the first. They've usually got a few people watching the servers and site content to ensure nothing is getting hacked. Unfortunately it tends to be the latter for some companies as they do not wish to invest in Security folks worth their skill level. They can get expensive for people who know what they're doing.

kloadx10

Reaction score
Well if you are planning not to put any expenses on the website security then believe me its a really bad idea you should always keep a check on how things are working around check out new hacking methods and security holes in your website i mean what if one day facebook gets hacked or even gets closed for a week or so would ever join it back would you or any one out there have the total faith in a company that can't handle your or there private details?? So just to be sure take a small amount of time and money basically and invest on the security because without proper security and protection no website can run on a long term bases. Hope you got my point

focus

Reaction score
What do you think the best way in investing on security would be?
Do you think it's a good idea to export this task to a different country to save costs? Or would it be best to know meet the person face-to-face to avoid being scammed and stuff?

Also maybe hire a single person to look after it and as the website expands and is too much for one person then that one person could hire someone else?
Is that how it works?
I just want to get an idea on how internet business operate in terms of security before starting on a business plan for myself.

Thanks alot for the useful information by the way :)

kloadx10

Reaction score
If possible then try to meet someone face to face because when mom's say not to talk to stranger's then she also meet on the Internet plus if possible then try to learn proper security measures yourself i mean that's the best part plus when the website traffic and popularity increases then it doesn't mean that it will increase pages like pages are limited like index.php and all just the database increases and the security measures are taken from the server side script that is from the pages plus here are a few things that could help you learn about hacking and cracking but take it as an offensive method don't go boogie with what you learn

SQL Injection: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/SQL_Injection
Cross Site Scripting: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cross-site_Scripting_(XSS)

And there are more but its related to your web server hope this helpes