Portable Apps Suite

bdog13

Reaction score
I went out and got a 1GB Flash Drive today and I came across a program called "Portable Apps Suite". It's a great program, you simply load it onto your portable storage device of your choice (flash drive or portable hard drive etc.), and you can have lots of applications on your media device without heaps of room being taken up etc. I has HEAPS of programs to choose from (most good ones in the options, install new apps function). It comes with Portable firefox, thunderbird, sodoku and some other apps, but you can download audio and video editors and players, anti virus software, zip programs, messenger programs and more! I think it's cool anyway :happysad:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't have to install the entire suite. I used to have Gaim/Pidgin, or Miranda on mine to take in to university, but have since decided using my own laptop with the wireless internet on campus was easier and more useful.

Last edited:

robsabla

Reaction score
included within the suite, keypass. freeking damn usefull, all my password are nothing under 100bits encryption

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I've come across the Portable Apps Suite, it contains all freeware. I have it, but I don't have a portable drive. :(

bdog13

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't either 'til yesterday I think the 1GB ones are like $10 now.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
It is a bit costly there, compared to what it costs here. A 4 GB one costs around $25.

psgalaxy91

Reaction score
Portable Apps was cool, but it died with the dinosaurs.

Get a flash drive with U3. U3 is just like portable apps, but its more organized, and has better programs. (Of course, not all the programs are free) It has a decent selection of free programs though.

I got a Sandisk 1 gb flash drive wit U3, and it is UBER.

pgames

Reaction score
Portable Apps was cool, but it died with the dinosaurs.
Totally true. The Portable apps.com hardly updates
coincidentally my team and i make portable games from freeware and let people beta test there...
u can find our works at www.portablegames.tk
we also made some portableapps too u can find them in the forum

Last edited:

Pi606

Reaction score
Portable Apps is great...just drop anything into the apps folder, and it adds them to the menu. Waaaaaaay better than U3 Launchpad that came pre-installed.