Portfolio site concept

Lukom

Reaction score
This is a concept I've been working on for a possible portfolio site for myself called "Hybrid Defective" (I also go by that name on other forums). The squares are where i will be placing my portfoio pieces. I will be abusing blur and glow effects. for instance, when you hover your mouse over one of the squares, the rest will blur out and focus on that one square...also all text will glow white when hovering over them. when you click next or previous, the rectangle will slide across to view the next set of portfolio pieces. There will also be an intro page. Please critisize and give me your ideas/thoughts.

Attachments

• Hybrid Defective.jpg
    Hybrid Defective.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 81

port5900

Reaction score
very nice I think I like it with no content in it -=)
Will be waiting for the final version.

Lukom

Reaction score
Thanks Port5900! Yeah I have to admit I have grown fond of the site without content as well, Haha

mac173

Reaction score
Too wide. My 17" flat panel is not wide enough for the page, and I get a scroll bar at the bottom. Maybe use a percentage for the width instead of static pixels.

The shading effects are nice, and I can see the final being very nice. The words are "almost" too dark for the background. It may be a problem for older monitors, the words may blend in the dark background. I have that problem on my home CRT.

I like what you discribe you will do with the site. Let us know when you get more done.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
very nice, I think it is gonna look great!

sunils

Reaction score
Certainly is good. but i dont like the amount of yellow color in it.

Sohail

Reaction score
This would look quite good in Flash don't you think?

Lukom

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments! Yeah, I thought the size was going to be an issue, I just cant tell because my resolution is 1900 by 1280. I might also experiment with the colors as well, maybe make it two tones, cause there is quite a bit of yellow. And, sohail amir, if i do go through with the site, it will be in flash to utilize the special effects that are so key to the design,