Possible Domain Registration or Hidden Folder problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucia1

Reaction score
Last week, I attempted to transfer my domain name from Bravenet Hosting to X10Hosting I did this by changing the name server information on the Bravenet sight to XHosting's name server information. That did not work and I returned and made unlocked my name server information on Bravenet and moved my domain name to X10Hosting.

During that time, I lost access to my sight using http://ventana.x10hosting.com. I started getting an error page telling me that the server denied me access and I needed to provide a user name and password. I have tried all of my XHosting passwords and none of them provide me entry.

The error page dialog box indicates that I need to provide the access information to a location named "/home/lucia1/home/lucia1", which is wrong. My files are stored at "/home/lucia1."

I can use any of the XHosting tools in C Panel to access my site, so I used the File Mananag to look around for the location, "/home/lucia1/home/lucia1." I cannot find that location in my X10Hosting file system.

There is a lucia2 file in my .htpasswds folder, but I viewed the contents and it is an empty file. I do not know how it got there.

In the etc/ventana.x10hosting.com/ @pwcache folder there is a monterebayimages text file with an encrypted password. That could be part of or the problem. In the ETC folde ris webdav. I do not know if it is a folder or what because it is in the path, but no folder symbol is with it. Weh I click on Webdav, I see the files passwd, and shadow. Both are empty files.

Because of all the problems, I used the File Manager to remove my site files, thinking that I could use FTP to upload my site. This when I found that I cannot access the site using FTP either.

So, what I have is an empty site that for some reason, I cannot access it using a browser or FTP. Also, although there are nop files on the site, I still get the authentication dialog request indicating that my Browser needs to reach and address located at "/home/lucia1/home/lucia1," which is not in my site's file system. I am completely stumped and I do not know here to start. Attached to his post are 5 jpeg clips, please take a close look at the dialog boxes where it indicates a path of /home/lucia1/home/lucia1 requires a use rname and password. There is no such path location on my site.

Thanks

Attachments

• authorization required.JPG
    authorization required.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 29
  • authorization required2.JPG
    authorization required2.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 43
  • authorization required 2.JPG
    authorization required 2.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Bravenet.JPG
    Bravenet.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 18
  • xhosting Access.JPG
    xhosting Access.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 20

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It does seem that something is wrong here. I will have to ask a staff member to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.