Post your Computer Specs!

megaman4278

Reaction score
Anyone want to post their computer specs here? ;) :biggrin:

Here's mine:

newtop4.jpg

I'm just using an onboard video card though :rolleyes: So can't do much here if you're going to do GFX-heavy stuff. Otherwise, it runs decent enough without much slowdown. :biggrin:

modulus

Reaction score
Abit NF-M2 nView
AMD 6000+ 3.0GHz Dual Core
2x1Gb Corsair RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512mb
Windows XP Home

LHVWB

Reaction score
I am using my old laptop at the moment so my specs are.

Intel(R) 1.4GHz
240mb of ram
Integrated Graphics.
Windows Home

So slow, it struggles to even run warcraft III.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Processor: Intel Q6600 Quad Core, 2.4GHz per core at 1066FSB
RAM: 3GB DDR2 RAM @ 800MHz
Hard Drives: Two 1TB SATA Type II Hard Drives
Video Card: Two nVidia GeForce 8800GTs in SLi.
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
Networking: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Sound: 7.1 Integrated chipset with coaxial and optical outputs.

These are my basic stats. I can run everything including Crysis at great framerates with all settings maxed.

Last edited:

megaman4278

Reaction score
Processor: Intel Q6600 Quad Core, 2.4GHz per core at 1066FSB
RAM: 3GB DDR2 RAM @ 800MHz
Hard Drives: Two 1TB SATA Type II Hard Drives
Video Card: Two nVidia GeForce 8800GTs in SLi.
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
Sound: 7.1 Integrated chipset with coaxial and optical outputs.

These are my basic stats. I can run everything including Crysis at great framerates with all settings maxed.

now these are some nice specs :cool:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 64, 3.7GHz
RAM: 6GB (2x2GB)+(2x1GB) DDR2 RAM @ 800MHz
Hard Drives: 1x500GB and a 250GB external
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8500GT 1GB plus 1GB from RAM, total 2GB.
Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate
Internet: 8MB/s from AOL
Sound: 7.1 Integrated chipset using 7.1 surround speakers

joeychua

Reaction score
Processor: Intel 2.4GHz
RAM: 768 MB ddr
Hard Drives: 80GB and 160GB drive
Video Card: fx5600 Nvidia
Operating System: Ubuntu 7.10 - The Gutsy Gibbon
Networking: 10/100 Ethernet

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
now these are some nice specs :cool:

Hey, being a gamer you have to have something that is fast and balanced. Also, both of my cards have 512MB per card, so I have 1GB of dedicated video memory, and some RAM left over which is hardly used.

Last edited:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
hehe, agreed lol cant play games on all those old PC's with 1-2 GB RAM ;) and slow processors

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
hehe, agreed lol cant play games on all those old PC's with 1-2 GB RAM ;) and slow processors
Exactly, hence why if you try to run Games like Crysis with a single core or dual core system running a 1.6GHz processor, 2GB of RAM and an nVidia 8800 Ultra, the system will choke and die because of the bottleneck of the processor. If I were to take one of my 8800GT cards and put them in one of my old 6 year old computers, it'd choke and die because of the CPU power. Besides, that won't work anyways as my second oldest PC is the second fastest in the house, and it doesn't have PCI-E :D

Last edited:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
yep, i know i only run with a, 3.7GHz AMD dual core with 6GB RAM and an nvidia 8500GT with 2GB overclocked a little, still plays games like crysis at very close to full settings, COD4 runs at full. and i have never saw my system temperatures or the GFX temperatures rise above 50degrees,

CPU idle temp is around 25-30
both cores idle about the same and below the CPU
GPU idle temp around 20
motherboard stays below 30

have never acctually logged the temps to read them on load but im sure i can write a program to max the cpu and get some temperatures noted ;)

for me my system does me good, for now. then i'll get 8800GT's SLi and a quad core as yourself has.

Last edited:

scottnj

Reaction score
Megaman, It says that you are running Windows XP, but it looks like you are using Vista.

I love my computer. It is just fast enough for me. But I guess in today's world it is starting to seem slow.

768 MB RAM
80 GB HD
1 52x CD-RW Drive (No DVD drive =[ )
2.39 GHz Processor
Windows XP Home edition Service Pack 2

David_Tiger

Reaction score
yes, megaman would be using a vista theme or even the vista transformation pack as its good to have the stabability of XP but the great feel of Vista ;)

scottnj

Reaction score
yep, i know i only run with a, 3.7GHz AMD dual core with 6GB RAM and an nvidia 8500GT with 2GB overclocked a little, still plays games like crysis at very close to full settings, COD4 runs at full. and i have never saw my system temperatures or the GFX temperatures rise above 50degrees,

CPU idle temp is around 25-30
both cores idle about the same and below the CPU
GPU idle temp around 20
motherboard stays below 30

have never acctually logged the temps to read them on load but im sure i can write a program to max the cpu and get some temperatures noted ;)

for me my system does me good, for now. then i'll get 8800GT's SLi and a quad core as yourself has.

Holy Crap. I'll trade computers with you any day!

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
yes, megaman would be using a vista theme or even the vista transformation pack as its good to have the stabability of XP but the great feel of Vista ;)

But with no Aero, that's the catch. As for the system temps, my system runs pretty much just as cold. I have 4 case fans, 2 Gfx card fans and a PSU fan keeping my system cool. Also, as for the upgrades, if the nVidia 9 series cards get any better and are better than me investing in two or three Ultras and putting them in SLi, I might trade in my two 8800GTs for some 9800 cards. I'm going to wait a few months though (more like 6 months) to give nVidia some time with the 9 series.

Last edited:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
yes, i have 3 case fans, one of which is a 30cm diameter with speed control, helps keep it cool when its under a lot of load just turn the speed up a little ;)
The other two are 12cm, i have a fan on my cpu heatsink and psu. And also my graphics card aswell

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Are they noisy? I have some fairly large fans on my system, which makes it run very quiet but cool. They all auto-adjust speed as well as the system demands it (I have a BIOS setting that monitors my power and temp settings and adjusts them based on my settings), and since my gaming computer is on 24/7, it has to be quiet and cool.

Oh, and I just did a 10,000 barrel explosion in Crysis and looked directly into it. It was fun :D

Last edited:

David_Tiger

Reaction score
hehe, yea they are moderately quiet, i only notice the noise from them when i sit at night when everyone is in bed, and im playing games or working away on my forums, or website.

D

dWhite

Custom Alienware Area-51 m15x

15.4" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD (1200p)
512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800M GTX
Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme X9000 2.8GHz (6MB Cache 800MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Professional
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz – 2 x 2048MB
320GB 5400RPM (8MB Cache) Hard Drive
2x Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc Burner (BD-R, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
External Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio Card
AlienFX® Illuminated Keyboard – Exclusive Design

Last edited by a moderator:

atriox

Reaction score
CPU: AMD Opteron X2 2.8 Ghz
RAM 2 x 1 GB G.Skill 2-2-2-4 DDR400
MOBO: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
GPU: Evga 8800GT 512MB
HDD: 2x 320GB Seagate
Display: NEC 19" LCD GX902 and Dell 19" CRT @ 1280*1024

i can guaruntee you that if you are running a 8500GT you are NOT running COD4 at full I used to have a ATi x1950pro which has about triple the performance of an 8500 and when i upgraded to 8800GT there was a HUGE difference in performance. what kind of frame rates are you getting with and 8500? or is that running at full at 480*640?