Post your first computer

yoggy

Reaction score
My first computer is the one I'm using now which is a Dell inspiron with vista and good specs. The first one I ever used was a windows 98 hp.

Post your first computer and the first one you ever used.

javajenius

Reaction score
The first computer i used was an old one that my parents bought. It was a 2001 Emachines T1855.

Specs:
850Mhz Processor
128Mb Ram
20 Gig HD
Running on windows ME

This was and still is one of the best computers i've owned. Its never caused one problem. Of course, I upgraded the ram to 512, and installed windows xp. Added an 80 Gig hard drive and i dual boot. Windows Millennium Edition was the worst OS ever lol, but i still have it dual-booted on my first comp in the basement.

hamsn

Reaction score
oh my God
mine a very old one was
Intel 486dx have u heard? the first micro computer.
2GB HDD
Ram, processor and other things built in
14" monochrome monitor.
Win95

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
The first computers owned by my family were a Gateway tower and a Compaq desktop, both running Windows 3.1 (I don't remember the specs of either). I owned an IBM ThinkPad laptop running Windows 95 that had a slow Pentium MMX processor, a CD-ROM drive, 64MB of RAM and a 3.5" floppy drive (no wireless, I had to use a PCMCIA 56k modem card).

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
oh my God
mine a very old one was
Intel 486dx have u heard? the first micro computer.
2GB HDD
Ram, processor and other things built in
14" monochrome monitor.
Win95

XD I still have a 486 box which still runs. I had a Mac older than my 486 box, but that kind of blew up :biggrin:. The box is an Intel 486 with 16MB of RAM, and it originally had a 256MB HDD in it, which it's still there, but it also has a 1GB drive in it as well. 4MB video card and a first generation SoundBlaster card.

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Mine was a 2001 AMD running at 1.4GHz (Yep, GHz). Had 256MB RAM and a 40GB HDD, running Windows ME. Now we have 512MB RAM and Windows XP on it and it crashes just as much lol.

Alex

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
The first PC was a Windows 98 box, for which I can't remember the specs. The first PC I actually had (rather than just a piece of junk given to me) was a Dell Dimension 1100 - 160GB HDD, 2.8GHz Pentium 4, integrated graphics and Windows XP Home Edition.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
My first computer was a Win98 HP that I used to play old, yet fun games like: DOOM, Mechwarriors 2, Star Wars Rebel Assault. And other games that make games today look like Bill Gates compaired to a hobo on the street.

bpakidz

Reaction score
Our first computer was an Apple PET (1977). Then I got *my very own* TI-99 (1981)... After that, we had a Commodore C64 (1982 or 1983).

Sohail

Reaction score
Mine is an iMac G4 with 256MB RAM and it's the same one I'm using today ;).

Zangetsu

Reaction score
hmm lets see my first pc was a widows 98 machine with an intel Pentium with 800Mb hdd space about 130mb ram
second pc was a pentium II with 1.2GB of disk space and about 200mb`s of ram
third a pentium III with 8GB of hdd space and 512 mb`s of ram
and a pentium IV with 120 GB of hdd space ad 1GB or ram
my current pc is a intel pentium D 820 400GB of space ad 1GB of ram and an ATI radeon 200 Graphics card

fierce

Reaction score
Pentium 1 133mhz,32 MB of RAM memory, 7GB of hard disk running on windows 98.
EDIT: now= 3.0 ghz Dual Core,1024MB RAM,256kb ATI radeon grafic card,250GB of hard disk running on XP SP 2 and Debian Linux.

Last edited:

abcisaac

Reaction score
First computer I ever used was an Apple IIe. First computer my family owned was a Leading Edge 386. It was hot stuff: had a 40 meg hard drive.

T

themasterrocker

All i know is that its a time computer lol. it doesn't have anything else on it! but now i got my laptop which is an Mesh M670 and we got a new upstairs comp : Advent and i'm getting a customised desktop in next few days ;)

ghotel

Reaction score
CPU: Pentium 2 800mhz,
RAM: 128 MB of RAM memory,
HD: 15GB of hard disk

And now i own:
Dual Core 3.0GHZ
2GB Ram
160GB HD
ATI 512 PCI Express

I would be more percific but didnt have time its late here and going to bed :p

Last edited:
T

themasterrocker

lol, to be honest they both sound like pretty rubbish computers to my customised one i'm getting. I'll tell you my customised one when i get back the sheets of my spec lol, Its been about 4 days since i last looked at them because i'm waiting for my parents to order it ;) cuz its my b'day on wednesday although it won't come b4 then now :( so oh well. It's going to take 7-11 days so they say =/ But the dual core and stuff isn't bad and stuff its more to do with memory and what other things u got to it and stuff :p

Last edited by a moderator: