PostgreSQL not configured

Status
Not open for further replies.

shdus1

Reaction score
It seems like postgre SQL hasn't been configured. If that us the case, why is it in cPanel?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Can you be a little more specific? I just created a PostgreSQL database through cPanel on my own free hosting account as a test without errors.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
On Chopin, the PostgreSQL Database Wizard:

PostgreSQL has not been configured by the administrator. Unable to locate pgpass file.

while PostgreSQL Databases route gives

Error from postgres wrapper: PostgreSQL has not been configured by the administrator. Unable to locate pgpass file.

I think he is saying that Stoli is the same.

While on Fris, it will create the database. So maybe the move helped something.

shdus1

Reaction score
Thanks Descalzo! So it seems like it isn't just me. Are they going to be configured?

dlukin

Reaction score
Apparently not. I got moved to Fris, so, in theory I could use PostgreSQL. But since they are going to disband Fris, I assume any DB I create will disappear.

Would be nice if we could get an official response to some of these questions.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I will notify the admins about this and see if they can look into it.

Apparently not. I got moved to Fris, so, in theory I could use PostgreSQL. But since they are going to disband Fris, I assume any DB I create will disappear.

It is possible that Fris accounts will be transferred to another server if we can't get a response from cPanel about the connection limits. If we do have to migrate, databases should be automatically packaged and restored but it never hurts to have backups.

dlukin

Reaction score
It is possible that Fris accounts will be transferred to another server if we can't get a response from cPanel about the connection limits. If we do have to migrate, databases should be automatically packaged and restored but it never hurts to have backups.

Unfortunately this means all the accounts we moved to Fris will have to be moved off of it. We have already started packaging accounts up and plan to evenly distribute them among the other remaining free servers. This should allow for a faster restore process since we'll be able to restore up to 8 accounts at once vs 1 or 2. Accounts that are not suspended will be moved first with suspended accounts moved last.

I take it as more "probable" than just "possible" that the accounts will be moved. It is ok for me, it is just a testing site.

But what good would a backup of a PostgreSQL database (created on Fris) do if the new servers do not have PostgreSQL? Using a data dump I could move the information to a MySQL database, but then I would have to rewrite all my code that assumes PostgreSQL.

I appreciate your response and everything all of you are trying to do, but it does get a bit frustrating when some basic questions are not addressed by Staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.