Posting in forum once a month

cheezo

Reaction score
Let me get this straight, if you log in and later log out, then the system monitors it as a visiting. Does that have the same meaning as though you were never log in to begin with?

however, they would be glad if you participate.

netstat12387

Reaction score
I like to post once a month , i can check my post and remind myself I ....still exist.:)

arniep36

Reaction score
That doesn't make sense. What exactly are you asking?

So my last post was a week ago, yet my account is suspended???!!! Posting once a week is not enough?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I just unsuspended my account by following the links and logging in. But I guess posting in the forums is irrelevant to whether you have logged in enough to avoid account suspension. :frown:

electro.jake60

Reaction score
So my last post was a week ago, yet my account is suspended???!!!
Posting once a week is not enough?

You... Must... Log-in... From... Your... Control panel!
computer-22.gif

Check this link for a friendly refresher: https://stoli.x10hosting.com:2083/?login_theme=cplogin
Cheers,
-Ej-

leeoliberamal70

Reaction score
I like to post once a month , i can check my post and remind myself I ....still exist.:)

You right! I like to login to this forum to help and to communicate.. There are lot things to learn you know... not just to login because you're afraid to get suspended...

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Last edited:

electro.jake60

Reaction score

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
You always did? Before you were required to log into the forums to keep your account active, the account portal was used to manage your account (view suspension reasons, update your email address, change your password, etc.), and cpanel is used to manage your site. The only change is that you don't need to log into the forums anymore and just need to log into the portal. We haven't added any new systems.

austoneware91

Reaction score
'm pretty sure the update was just logging in to youy account portal instead of the community forum. Still, I like to do both. So much information gets added in the news and announcements, you've got to keep up. And as for the features of the forum, I have yet to exhaust them. Seems to me there are advantages to still logging into the forum and checking things out periodically. Just my two cents!

electro.jake60

Reaction score
The only change is that you don't need to log into the forums anymore and just need to log into the portal.
We haven't added any new systems.

Yes, agreed Sir.
I'm just amused by the flow of this topic as a whole. We're up to 50 posts and still trying to nail this down.
Thanks for your patients and clarification on this issue. It's appreciated!
Cheers,
drinking-43.gif

-Ej-

icetray

Reaction score
Not going to lie, I've gladly followed all the guidelines setup here and in return have always had smooth service with my server and website. Except today I got an email from a client saying my website was 'gone', so I went to my url, to see a notice from x10 that says the website no longer exists.
I checked my email and junk folders to find no 'warning' emails. So what the hell gives? You wipe all of my files without a word? That is quite classy - in addition to that, upon logging in today it says for me to please choose a new url, a new username, and now to wait in a queue before I can even get anything back online on a new server.
Not pleased.

Reaction score
afaik you can create a support ticket and reclaim your website. I once had my website taken offline because I forgot to login, but after a quick support ticket my website was back online the same day I made the ticket. So if you haven't tried that you should really do so. Anyway good luck with it.

bhansali

Reaction score
Like the others said, you don't need to post once a month, you just have to login. If you can't do that, I don't know what to say. :confused:

electro.jake60

Reaction score
Like the others said, you don't need to post once a month,
. . . . you just have to login.
If you can't do that, I don't know what to say.
And herein lies the issue that has obviously puzzled users.
Simply "log-in" is the answer, but the question is a bit more involved.

Logging in to cPanel is different than logging in to the forum, which is completely different than posting which is also different than logging into the account portal.

And to reiterate the confusion, the title of this very thread is. . .
"Posting in forum once a month"
As for the reason for this log-in rule (which seems to get asked every few posts), I'll guess it's a multi-part answer; advertisers & revenue, and identifying stagnant accounts.
IMHO, x10hosting provides an outstanding hosting service for free. Even their pay service is incredibly cheap.
The account portal log-in rule is very reasonable even if it is a tad confusing.

So... Thank You x10hosting for a great service and a surprisingly entertaining forum. :)
-Ej-

rick44

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Does any one know why this company require account owners to log in to the forum once a month at leat?

Is there a reaosn for this?

Thanks,

Basrah University website (non official).

I thought all you had to do was log in, not post. Can someone confirm which it is
Ta
Rick44