Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I prefer using the ticket system

Votes: 87 68.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rebellion

Reaction score
If I had a private site, I dont want to list it to the public. And on another host, after I posted the support request, I suddenly got lots of spam bots.

Daniel S

Reaction score
As a member of staff I think it is easier to give support via the ticket system because it is easier to track which tickets need attending to etc, With its organized sections.

wazza6

Reaction score
I prefer the support ticket system , but not the way it actually is... I liked to post my ticket , take its number and go to x10 irc (channel #X10) and then be able to explain my problem in more details and get much better help, like the first "version" of the support ticket.

Last edited:

kuarkon

Reaction score
i prefer the ticket...is the fastest way to resolve your problem.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
I prefer the support ticket system , but not the way it actually is... I liked to post my ticket , take its number and go to x10 irc (channel #X10) and then be able to explain my problem in more details and get much better help, like the first "version" of the support ticket.

Oh yeah, 1 for support chat!

Mitch

Reaction score
I like the ticket system better, it is nice and (quiet) fast. And you can easier see (and know) when your question got answered. And it is more professional.

Dan

Reaction score
As a member of staff, I much prefer the ticket system.
Firstly, I can easily see which tickets are open/on hold/closed etc. and it has so many more options that forums.

-And to everyone that is saying they would prefer forums because it takes a long time to be answered on the ticket system:
If we went back to forum support, other users won't be allowed to help and chances are because it is a lot more chaotic and less organised, it will take even longer for your question to be answered than on the ticket system.

eliasr

Reaction score
Support ticket is good, personal and avoid the "help me too" or the " i have the same problem... just... with other error-code" XD, i think the support ticket is specialized and that is very good.

In the other hand, the forum support is ok too, because there are some issues that are the "help me too" kind.

Last edited:

Jammer400

Reaction score
I personally like the ticket system since i get a email when there is a new reply instead of having to check back on the forums so often and plus you don't have to worry about the staff missing your topic.

I also like Live Support when available. :)

Good job x10! I will stay with you forever!
Best Free Host Ever!
~A Happy & Satisfied x10 Customer

Myokram

Reaction score
I voted for Forum support. Everyone has already given my reasons ;-)

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
For the time, i think it takes the same time to answer a ticket than to quick reply a post.

The tickets can be moved to Support level 2, Administration etc... We also have those things in the forums.

We can also see when someone has replied the post. If you as a costumer need to know what happens with your issue, you can always subscribe your post and you will be emailed when someone replies.

About the ticket id... you can always link your post aswell :) A bit longer but it has the same effect.

And about the privacity, one reason why we ask you to link your cPanel to your Forum account is because we can see your details (Contact email, cPanel username, hosting plan) without asking you.

yulifan

Reaction score
I prefer the ticket system. You can get accurate replies from the x10hosting administrators.

The forum support may have replies which are wrong or misleading by any user, even newcomers.

Daniel S

Reaction score
I would just like to take a note we are not comparing the forum support as it is (community support) because that is user to user support.

We are comparing the forums before we had the ticket system and only staff could reply to the threads and the current thicket system, so therefore an answer like this does not make sense:

I prefer the ticket system. You can get accurate replies from the x10hosting administrators.

The forum support may have replies which are wrong or misleading by any user, even newcomers.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
I chosen the tickets support this is because it brings me a better peace of mind at which I know someone one answer me. I tried the ticket support and was very very please with it using it.

Though the support need to improve a little bit on time duration. If I remember correctly I have one that took 5 days as compared to a forum posting..

Well its really up to Corey how you really want to support us, whatever you do, I will just follow on. Since both ways helps

hamsn

Reaction score
I prefer Forum support, cause others who have faced this problem earlie, I mean any user, could also respond.
So this seems fast as compared to waiting for the staff to respond to the ticket.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer Forum support, cause others who have faced this problem earlie, I mean any user, could also respond.
So this seems fast as compared to waiting for the staff to respond to the ticket.

Again, for the umteenth time in this thread alone - we are NOT comparing the forum as it is now.

Before the ticket system, only the original poster of the topic, mods, and admins could reply - if you post about not being able to access your website and I happen to have the same problem, I CANNOT reply in your topic - the forum was set up explicitly to disallow that.

The difference between forum and tickets is simple: Tickets = privacy - only mods/admins and you actually -see- the topic. Forum = public - everyone can see it, but only mods/admins and you can actually -reply- to it.

Lets try to keep that straight now because if there's reason to suspect the vote is skewed in favor of forum support because of a misconception on what that entails, Corey'd have to remake the poll and explain that.

Although at the moment it's favoring ticket support 64-27, so that's probably not going to be an issue.

LuciFerAngel

Reaction score
i prefer the ticket support system, because I will get accurate help from the x10hosting staff themselves

oinkoink

Reaction score
ticket for me too.. i want the ticket support so i know the staff are doing their job punctually..
but if using the ticket support will take me 2 days to be answered then im on the forum which anyone can help not only the staff.. depends on the problem sometimes . you have to use tickets and otherwise use forum post.

Status
Not open for further replies.