preview page cant be seen

bohemia2

Reaction score
hi ,,i use to see a preview of my site but now it only has an index page,,,i did modify my .html pages ,any reason? thx

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like you deleted index.html ....

bohemia2

Reaction score
thx,,,so the first page HAS to be called index.html,,can i call the links blue mountains accomodation about.html,,,as i was told that would help my google search,,,,and the main site bohemianretreat.x10 how important is that in google search,,,,should it be "bluemountainsaccomodation.x10" and if so how can i now create this site with that name,i cant seem to be able to delete it.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The actual URL for your site is currently "bohemianretreat.x10.mx". As far as Google (or SEO in general) goes, the "bohemianretreat" part doesn't matter at all. It's a subdomain, which traditionally has meant "just part of a site". In this case, it means "the bohemianretreat area of the x10 site in the Mexican country domain". If you want your domain to mean anything, you will need to purchase a proper domain from a domain registrar. (By "proper domain", I mean something where there is only a top-level domain after your site's name, like "bluemountainsaccommodation.com" -- which, by the way, is already gone, as are the .com.au, .biz and .co versions, but .travel is still available. Still, if there are already sites called bluemountainsaccommodation.something, you won't be doing yourself too many favours.)

The content of your site is far more important. Yes, your "about" page is good. Well, good-ish. There is not nearly enough location information anywhere to turn up in searches for nearby communities or the state or county, or even the general region. All anyone can tell is that they can stay indoors somewhere in the Jamison Valley near Wentworth Falls, and that's only good if they were planning to go to the Jamison Valley or Wentworth Falls. You might want to mention Australia and New South Wales somewhere as well -- for "Blue Mountains", you have competition in Canada (an internationally well-known skiing resort area in southern Ontario and an eco-exploration destination in Nunavut in our far north), Jamaica, New Zealand, the northwestern US, and a couple of spots in Africa that I know about. So you're going to want to play up the Oz and NSW connections pretty heavily. Maybe make a mention or two of the national parks nearest you, Kings Tableland, the picnic ground, that sort of thing. You'll be a lot more likely to pop up in searches if people are interested in heading to the area. That will likely come to a lot of words to do it up right, so you'll probably need to have a few pages to fit 'em all. There's only so much you can say about what you can provide, but you can yammer on for years about why people might want to drop by the area without exaggerating a lot. And all of that will increase your likelihood of doing well in a search. Much more than the name of the site ever will.