Problem editing a .tpl file

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaindugan

Reaction score
on my forum(which i just created) i need to edit the index_body.tpl to put the ad code into it and i attempted doing it but it never seemed to work. im using smart ftp v.1.5 and i clicked on the index_body.tpl icon and clicked edit and tried to edit the file and put in the ad code but when i edited it and then clicked automatically upload file and it didnt work(it kept making me click the automatically upload file and it never worked) so then i tried manually upload file and couldnt find it. So then i tried downloading the index_body.tpl to my computer and did. then i tried editing it using notepad?(the computer doesnt knkow which program to use) and when i saved my changes it saved as index_body.tpl.txt so what program can i use to edit and save a .tpl file.

Cynical

Reaction score
You can edit in Notepad, but when you save, select "All files" in the dropdown menu where it says "Save as Type:", then save as whatever.tpl.

Vyriix

Reaction score
Notepad have a known issue of adding hidden characters when saving files, thus not very recommend, you can use crimson editor, a free text editor with tpl and other languages syntax highlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.