Problem installing tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyager7429

Reaction score
I am new to anything related to database management, so please bear with me ;)

I tried to install piwik (which is a free tracking software). I uploaded to files to my public_html folder, and then accessed the installation by going to http://mydomain.x10hosting.com/piwik/index.php. I went through the installation process and I was initially given an error at Step 3 when asked for the following information:

mysql server: mysql.x10hosting.com
login: ******
password: *****
database name: samplename
table prefix: _piwik

After doing some research, I found that I needed to create a database first, so I went to mysql and I went through the process of setting up a database. When I went back to piwik installation and updated the database name to reflect user_samplename, the process completed. It then told me database was created with success, piwik_db, and tables created with success.

Now, when I try to access the logs at mydomain.x10hostinig.com/piwik/index.php, I am given the following error:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111
Backtrace:

#0 /home/jknight/public_html/piwik/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(228): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()#1 /home/jknight/public_html/piwik/core/Piwik.php(1345): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection()#2 /home/jknight/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php(209): Piwik::createDatabaseObject()#3 /home/jknight/public_html/piwik/index.php(64): Piwik_FrontController->init()#4 {main}

Also, when I go to mysql in the cpanel, I do not see the database I created, and I do not see the user that I created.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

The Mysql server is "localhost" without ""
Also the user,pass and db name will need created by you by the cPanel option "MySQL DataBases" also assign all permisions to the user that you have created :)

voyager7429

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The database server being offline probably explains the problem...I will go back and change the mysql server name. I have to delete the config.ini file to force the reinstallation. I am not seeing any database in mysql in the cpanel and it is not letting me create one.
Edit:
Hello,

The Mysql server is "localhost" without ""
Also the user,pass and db name will need created by you by the cPanel option "MySQL DataBases" also assign all permisions to the user that you have created :)

Also, just out of curiosity, in the mysql section of cpanel it states:

Remote MySQL Host

The mysql server's address is mysql.x10hosting.com. When connecting to the mysql server you must specify this host.

Why do I use "localhost" without the quotes, instead of the above server address?

Last edited:

LifelessCorpse

Reaction score
x10Hosting seems to have a way of working around that, and localhost works fine. All my scripts (when the servers up) runs with localhost in the configuration.

Danielx386

Reaction score
Well I'm using mysql.x10hosting.com, just so that I stay out of trouble. I didn't think that localhost would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.