Problem related with domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumitmehta

Reaction score
Hye guys

I recently signed up for co.cc domain and having a little problem configuring it. I hope anyone can help me here. I explain you all the procedure that I have followed till now and pls tell me where I went wrong.

Firstly I signed up for co.cc domain and made it point to nameservers ns1.everydns.net,ns2.everydns.net,ns3.everydns.net and ns4.everydns.net

Then I signed up with everydns.net.

There, I made the following entry as follows:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sumitmehta.co.cc[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]67.228.162.200[/FONT]​

I found this suggested by Corey in some other forum. Then I also changed my main domain by logging into account management section in x10hosting and changed it from sumitmehta.x10hosting.com to sumitmehta.co.cc. Interestingly when I logged on to my cpanel, it still shows the main domain as sumitmehta.x10hosting.com. Why is that?

Also when I enter sumitmehta.co.cc, I see a page that gives me index of some files as:

Index of /

* cgi-bin/
* images/
* postinfo.html
* suspended.page/

I am sorry I am new to domains so pls tell me about parked and addon domain if I need to configure them, though I would like my domain to work without those, if possible.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

kajasweb

Reaction score
Change the nameservers to

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

sumitmehta

Reaction score
I simply can't do that because I want to use the same domain with google apps and google apps wants be to add some MX and A entries. Co.cc either allows me to use nameservers and make entries manually. So I had to signup with everydns. I guess I am going the right path except that I have to make a correct A entry in everydns. Pls help so that the domain points to my x10 site and at the same time, I can also use it with google apps.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have sumitmehta.co.cc added already as a parked or add-on domain?

sumitmehta

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your effort. Actually it worked. I made the A record point to 74.86.133.216 (I think it is stoli) and within 24 hours, it worked. But the new problem was that it was behaving like a redirection url. When I typed sumitmehta.co.cc, it automatically changed to sumitmehta.x10hosting.com that I didn't want. I wanted the domain to remain in tact. Moreover it was not working as www.sumitmehta.co.cc. I tried 301 redirect but it was forming a loop as I have changed my main domain as sumitmehta.co.cc

So finally I have decided to have another domain for google apps and keep this domain for my this site only. I will very soon change the name servers from ns[1][2][3][4].everydns.net to ns[1][2].x10hosting.com and then I hope I will have no problems. It should then work like a real domain and also with www. I guess I am correct but pls do correct me if I am wrong.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
You domain didn't change to: sumitmehta.co.cc, as you already had this domain parked.
I've unparked this domain and set it up as your main domain.

It's working with and without the "www."

sumitmehta

Reaction score
Thanks you so much. It working great now.

But by the time I read this reply, I had already got a separate domain for google apps and remained sumitmehta.co.cc with my x10 site.

But just for my knowledge, how did u change the main domain. I mean I did it successfully in the account management section but it was not appearing in the cpanel. What is the procedure of doing it, if I ever need to change in future? Is it the thing that can be done by admins only? Or if I had unparked it, then would it have been changed in cpanel as well?

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
You just need to change it at: http://x10hosting.com/account, and set it WITHOUT the "www.". Just make sure before changing it, that you don't have it set as Parked or Addon domain.

Feel free to re-open this thread if you need further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.