Problem selecting login fields - with workaround

jonman364

Reaction score
I have been unable to select the login fields for the forum. I got a larger monitor and no longer have my browser full screen. Instead of maximizing just to log in, I wrote this Greasemonkey script to fix the issue.

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           X10 forum logon forward
// @namespace      the364
// @description    Fixes the login field stack order at smaller resoluions
// @include        http://x10hosting.com/forums/*
// ==/UserScript==

window.addListener('load', popLogin());

function popLogin(){
    var userField

userField = document.getElementById("navbar_username");

if(userField && userField.parentNode && userField.parentNode.parentNode){
        userField.parentNode.parentNode.style.position = "relative";
        userField.parentNode.parentNode.style.zIndex = 1;
    }

}

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I will confirm this; on my tablet the login boxes are unselectable. The only upshot is LastPass auto logs me in so the actual code for the boxes does work, you just can't select it if you're on a tiny screen.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
There's a few issues with the theme that need to be sorted, one especially with the cluttered Navigation and smaller monitors preventing some buttons form being found or pressed in the correct spots.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I increased the width a bit, did this help at all?

jkeats

Reaction score
I am also unable to login to the forums using Firefox or Chrome - I have had to use Internet Explorer.

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
I cannot use the login boxes using IE, Firefox, or Opera, on Windows or Linux.
My work-around (otherwise I wouldnt be here! <BigGrin>) is to click (to select) somewhere else on the page, then back-tab into the login fields.

Whatever changed was in the last 3 weeks (since my last login). I havent changed my hardware at all (see jonman364's post about changing monitors. I did NOT try my browser(s) at full screen, however). So no, Corey, changing the width did NOT help <sorry>.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

OK! Logged out, and tried the login screen again, this time full screen. Works fine. When the window is "restored" (as windows calls it, meaning 'not full screen but not minimized either'), the login boxes are unselectable. When I changed the window back to full screen, the login boxes are selectable again. This test was only in Opera, and only in Windows. At this point I am assuming (yes, I can spell <S.E.Grin>) that the same will hold true for Firefox and IE.

Note also: the page layout is correct when full screen, and jumbled a bit when not full screen ("restored").

carrock

Reaction score
Re: Problem selecting login fields - with another workaround

On Firefox, temporarily select View->Page Style -> no style

On SeaMonkey, temporarily select View->Use Style -> none

The login fields can then be selected and you can restore your previous style when you've logged in.

Something similar should be possible with other browsers; try searching for 'style' in their help pages.

manuelvicentex1082

Reaction score
My suggestion: use the tab key. It works.
394281_tab_key.jpg

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd say go yell at completevB because their theme fails, but it wouldn't change much here would it :p

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion, carrock, but it is MUCH easier to just maximize, login, then restore (un-maximize). I do very little full-screen, instead having many windows open at once. Its a nuisance to have to jump through the hoop, so to speak, but like xav0989 said.....

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Livewire and his lastpass.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Didnt have a choice to be honest - on my tablet there is literally no way to get firefox -big- enough to select it.

<3 lastpass though.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Bumping for great justice, a user on IRC just brought this up again :)

Same user just pointed out if he hides all the tabs it will work again, but otherwise he's gotta use the back-tab or forward-tab method to get in there.

Last edited:

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
I noticed that my posts to this thread for December, 2010 and January 2011 have been deleted. BUT THE LOGIN FIELD WORKS NOW!!! <woo-hoo!>. No more gymnastics with maximizing window and backtabbing! So I dont care that my posts have been deleted. I just care that the problem has been resolved!