problem sending mail through smtp

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolnos

Reaction score
hi all,

im having this problem for a while now... even with my old account...

i cannot send mail through smtp on port 25 using outlook express but i can using secured connections... (SSL)

could this be a problem with my ISP:nuts: or with the stoli server??? :dunno:

thanx in advance

NoS

That's the outlook express error message:
Code:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'My Mail', Server: 'mail.msalem.co.cc', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What is your ISP? A lot of them block port 25 and force you to use their mail servers (Mine does).

-Corey

coolnos

Reaction score
hi corey,

im in jordan and my ISP is Orange... maybe you're right, but if they're blocking it...

are there any different alternatives???

Cheers,

NoS

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Usually if they block it they'll give you mail servers to use. I had to dig through my ISPs website to finally find them. You could also try giving them a call to verify.

-Corey

coolnos

Reaction score
ok i'll do that, i'll call and maybe have a little fight with them as always... :) :D

Thanx for your help!!! ur the best Admin in the best hosting company ever existed!!!!

Cheers

NoS

update: would it be hard to change the port number the same way u changed the default outgoing smtp port on secured... because ssl smtp worked fine with me!!! perhaps something else different than port 25??? just a suggestion...

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Please submit it as a feature in the feedback section, I'll look into it this weekend when I go through them.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.