Problem using cpanel HTML Editor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveboat

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm having a problem trying to edit my site. I'm trying to edit seas2success.x10hosting.com/products/freebooks/ourfreeebooks.html using the HTML Editor and I end up getting a page of code instead of the editor. Thanks ahead of time, you guys are great!
- Deb

kajasweb

Reaction score
I think, "HTML Code" tab is selected by default. Have you tried to switch to "Design" tab ?

loveboat

Reaction score
No, there's no tab, just a source page with code on it (as if viewing the source code of a page).

kajasweb

Reaction score
I think, you're talking about Code Editor. It shows the Source Code of the page. I'll make an Admin to look into this.

loveboat

Reaction score
Not the editor, not the code editor, but the HTML Editor (Wysig).

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you take a screen shot?

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I logged in and was able to go into edit mode from here.

What browser are you using?

loveboat

Reaction score
I'm using the latest Firefox. Did you do normal edit mode or use the HTML Editor? The normal edit mode is fine, I just need to use the Wsyig-whatever editor to get my stuff up accurately. It still brings me to the page i posted. Thanks for your help so far, btw!
- Deb

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have IE still installed on the computer you can test with? I'm able to use all editors and everything without problems on my FF. Who knows if I'm using the latest version ;)

-Corey

loveboat

Reaction score
Attempting, please wait, this may take a few moments...
- Deb

Updated: Just got done checking using IE, it gives a 404 error:

Not Found
The server was not able to find the document (./products/freeebooks/.wysiwygPro_edit_ourfreeebooks_html.php) you requested.
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this
error to your webhost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cpaneld/11.17.1 Server at seas2success.x10hosting.com

Edit:
Also, is there a reason why, when using the file manager, in IE there are no checkboxes and in Firefox there are? Just curious...hope this all helps! Thanks again Corey!
- Deb

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Very weird... you don't happen to have another computer to test on do you? I don't understand why it's not working for you.

Can you PM me your password so I can login as you instead of an admin, maybe it has something to do with that.

-Corey

loveboat

Reaction score
How long do you think this fix will take to come into effect? I appreciate the help, thank you very much. Although this is pretty upsetting news, bugs will be bugs, so the best I can hope for is the fix comes sooner than later.

Thank you, Corey & x10 Staff!
- Deb

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll be updating cPanel this weekend on all servers, so hopefully it will be in there. There is no way for me to make a promise though since we do not control what cPanel does and does not do :(

You can of course still use an offline HTML editor and FTP to upload, or edit the HTML directly through the site instead of with the "HTML Editor"

-Corey

loveboat

Reaction score
I'll see what I can do until the fix comes, I do have sort of an urgent update to add so waiting over the weekend is out of the question! I look forward to the cpanel update! Thank you!
- Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.