Problem When Viewing my Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadueszkwasniewski

Reaction score
You're hosted on Chopin? Seems like the files are missing or FTP daemon/HDD failing or some other serious problem.

[00:07:14] [R] MLSD
[00:07:15] [R] 150 Accepted data connection
[00:07:15] [R] 226-Sorry, we were unable to read [.]
[00:07:15] [R] 226-Options: -a -l
[00:07:15] [R] 226 0 matches total

Last edited:

tadueszkwasniewski

Reaction score
I guess nothing really. See for example that: http://chopin.x10hosting.com:2082/frontend/x3/ftp/accounts_pure-ftpd.html
Not an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Ftp.pm line 497.
Cpanel::Ftp::_fullftplist() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Ftp.pm line 630
Cpanel::Ftp::api2_listftpwithdisk('api2_paginate', 1, 'api2_paginate_size', 10, 'api2_paginate_start', '', 'regex', '', ...) called at (eval 85) line 1
eval '$dataref = [Cpanel::Ftp::api2_listftpwithdisk(%CFG)];' called at cpanel.pl line 4958
main::api2_exec('Ftp', 'listftpwithdisk', 'HASH(0x2ab7f4be2910)', 'HASH(0x222af70)') called at cpanel.pl line 1474
main::cpexectag('<?cp Ftp::listftpwithdisk(^J^I^J[tr class="row-%"]^J^I^I[td class="ce...') called at cpanel.pl line 4755
main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4638
main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x21cbda0)') called at cpanel.pl line 4590
main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0xf2b4550)') called at cpanel.pl line 1308

You can also open a support ticket.

zen-r

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you guys haven't been reading the News section. Please do, it's posted here for a good reason.

Some posts of relevance ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98132-update-6.html#post547093

http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/98363-latest-update-news-response-7.html#post549013

http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98362-latest-updates.html :)

Please try to read, & then self-help before/ rather than contacting Support. They have been inundated with Support tickets over the last few days. If you read the News links, you will see that Corey has threatened to ban people from Support if they open more "frivolous Support tickets". If you have exhausted possibilities & still need Support, then go ahead!

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

tadueszkwasniewski

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you guys haven't been reading the News section. Please do, it's posted here for a good reason.
I, for one, have been following all the news. They all lists servers that were affected by account moving and Chopin was NOT one of them. There was, in fact, no news posted about Chopin, especially about any work on the FTPD/HDD. Chopin was down when every server was going through update, but it was then working till some hours ago.

We seem to be facing a server-wide ftpd/hdd error and we're really worried. Corey haven't posted anything about that - so is it really strange we want some info?

zen-r

Reaction score
I'd still be inclined to wait.

Everything seems to be either intermittent, slow or unpredictable at the moment.

The announced server stress testing after the upgrades is probably still going on. Whilst I would have expected the installation to have completed by now, it is quite likely that more tweaking is going on.

If you try to work on your accounts or sites during this time, you are just going to get frustrated & could end up making your installations worse.

Bear in mind that Corey did say that everything was backed up before the move, so if worst comes to worst, there is hopefully always that data you can restore from. :happysad:

Edit: Please remember to post back here after things get resolved for yourselves, so that we may all know what the cause/ solution was, & be able to learn from it.

Last edited:

tadueszkwasniewski

Reaction score
Bear in mind that Corey did say that everything was backed up before the move, so if worst comes to worst, there is hopefully always that data you can restore from. :happysad:

Yeah, but Chopin was never said to be moving anywhere (except for the upgrade) - so the servers merging doesn't really apply.

FTPD/HDD on Chopin has been down for over 12 hours now. It wouldn't be bad to at least hear: 'Yeah, we know, we'll be working on that'.

zen-r

Reaction score
Most staff are in the USA.

They're still sleeping!

tadueszkwasniewski

Reaction score

zen-r

Reaction score
I also said "If you have exhausted possibilities & still need Support, then go ahead!".

I merely advised you not to hassle Support unnecessarily - the judgement call was yours to make. As you know since you read the threads, a threat of being banned from Support is in place.

2 points re the http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/98525-cannot-change-file-permissions-chopin.html thread;

1) Ad enhanced corporate accounts attract priority attention as they are, I assume, one of the top premium paying services here.

2) His post saying that it has been sorted now was made just over 1 hour ago - the USA would have started waking up again by then.

Why the confusion? :dunno:

Edit : Added

Hi.
For those people still having problems, please make sure you have read this; http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98555-latest-updates-6-14-09-a.html#post549837

Last edited:

beesallover

Reaction score
I had exactly the same problem (site hosted on chopin, 403 Forbidden error, nothing in my root folder when accessed through ftp), opened a support ticket about it this afternoon, and received a response 2 1/2 hours later saying "Hi, the issue should be resolved now"

And sure enough, everything's back to normal! No data lost, no problems (wooo!)

So... if you're still having problems, I highly recommend opening a support ticket. I was scared by the many dire warnings circulating lately regarding frivolous support tickets, but I received a very prompt and effective response, so I couldn't be happier.

Update: Just quickly checked the news, and Corey posted something regarding this issue 3 hours ago: Latest Updates 6/14/09

To quote:
403 Errors...
If you are getting a 403 error you are most likely on Chopin... please create a support ticket and have 403 error in your ticket subject somewhere. This was caused by our backup software screwing up a restore and overwriting file permissions. It is an easy fix. Again, make sure you include 403 error in your subject so it can be seen and taken care of as quickly as possible.

Guess that's pretty clear!

zen-r

Reaction score
beesallover, feel free to read the last post before you post next time.

You might save yourself having to post a link or two! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.