Problem with code

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am having a little trouble with my website, i am no PHP or HTML pro... i basically use a visual html editor, although i do understand parts of html, thats how i added some extra things in...But... as you can see on my index page, there are 4 links to websites, one is banlist.nl and others are x10hosting and stuff...basically, i want all my links to be a white colour on the black background, but then i want the blue links on the white background, when the blue links are clicked, there should be no colour change for visited links, This is the same for the links at the top of the page, so basically, i want page links to be White, with no visited link colour, i want white background links blue, with no colour change, would i need to use css to do this? or can it be done in just plain html? If it needs to be done in CSS can anyone please help me with that?

My websites link is http://sheeplist.exofire.net

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Dinomario10:

Yes, you can use that to create a site. a google search can help you with this, or you can post questions here.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Dimario: If you have any problems or require anything, post a new thread.

hypercss

Reaction score
Hey Hellsheep,

It is actually much easier than you think. CSS is always a good way to go as you can control large amount of layout changes with as little effort possible. Though, if you dont have a .css file, dont stress for now, you will eventually get the hang of this and figure it out.

In any case, back to your problem. View your file in code view, if your editor doesn't have a code view option, edit it with notepad. Look for the tag </head> and place the code below right above that.
Code:
<style type="text/css">
  a:link
  {    color: white;    }
  a:hover
  a:visted
</style>

What this does is to change all <a> tags properties for link, hover and visited to white.

Your second option would be to specify the colours in the body tag, so where your body tag opens, you would do something like;
Code:
<body alink="white" link="white" vlink="white">

This again would change all <a> tag properties for link, hover and visited to white.

There is a third way of doing this, and as far as my knowledge goes, it is for changing a single <a> tags colour, but that tag would inherit the colour to all three properties and you only specify one (I have not used this method before so I might be off target here).
Code:
<a style="color: red" href="www.google.co.za">Google</a>"

Hope this helps.