Problem with Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtuallywords

Reaction score
I looked at the similar threads and they were similar, but I think something else is going on.

OK. I have a domain that I added to my free account. I changed the DNS (yesterday about 15 hours ago) to: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com; I parked the domain in the cPanel, and then I changed the domain in the Maint Account section.

I use a WordPress site and I installed it on the original domain...then deleted it because nothing was working last night. Then I reinstalled it again on my new domain...which did not work...so I uninstalled it again. I now have it installed on my original domain (____.x10hosting.com).

Before the parked domain took over, I was able to see the installed WordPress site and tried to change the settings in the Admin to my new domain....didn't work, so I changed it back to the original domain.

I went onto the chat and someone on there offered to take a look at my domain to see if they could see it.

2 people could see my WordPress blog on my domain (the domain that I want it on - virtuallywords.com), but I could not..and still cannot see it.

Now...the parked domain has taken effect and even when I put the original domain in I automatically goes to my domain that I want and I cannot see anything.

I went to dnstools.com to see if I could see any problems with the DNS. It has the correct DNS nameservers on there for x10hosting.com.

I am not sure what to do. Please...if someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.:eek4:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Dude, one word: addon domains.

Btw, I think it should be NS1 and NS2 instead of ns1 and ns2

Chris73

Reaction score
Please flush your DNS and clear your browsers cache.

start/run type in CMD ipconfig/flushdns this is for Windows

I can see the site as well.

Last edited:

virtuallywords

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.

1. vigge_sWe - I am a dudette...LOL OK. What is the difference between Parked Domains and Add On Domains. I tried both and neither one has been successful.

2. Chris73 - I flushed the DNS in the CMD and cleared my browser's cache and still cannot see it.

It is amazing to me how other people can see this. What else could I be doing wrong?

Chris73

Reaction score
You are accessing the cPanel fine?

Here is what i see.

Virtually Words
Free online counseling for those in spiritual, emotional, physical, and financial need.

virtuallywords

Reaction score
Yes...I can get into the cPanel and the Maint Account fine.

Yep...that is my title for the site alright. I just don't understand.
Edit:
When I try to access virtuallywords.com on the Internet, it tells me that the server cannot be found. Any indication what that could be??

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
Well at first i thought it might have been a firewall issue where we blocked you. But since you can access cPanel that would not be the issue. Can you try accessing your website via proxy?

virtuallywords

Reaction score
OK. Yes...I can see it through that. This never happened before. I had my website on another host for quite a while and I never had this problem. Is there a permanent solution to this??

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I had that too once. Corey fixed that for me in some way. Firewall thing or something he said.

virtuallywords

Reaction score
Well...actually, I am on a network with my husband's computer. He is the server in this house.

OK. My husband said that because we are also on a router...it would not find the server for x10Hosting. So...I need the IP addresses of the 2 DNS nameservers...then he can put it into his system and I should have no problems after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.