Problem with Dreamweaver CS3 FTP and public_html

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipaweb

Reaction score
Hi,
After reading through the forum I've finally managed to get my DW FTP connecting. My problem is that it seems to insist on putting things into a folder 'iain' which is under 'public_html'. Where DW asks for 'Host Directory' I've tried several variations of 'public_html' but it always comes back with an error. The transfer into the 'iain' directory does work but it means I then have to copy the files up to the 'public_html' director' manually. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Regards.

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Nope :p My CS3 works fine.
You could try specifying the path as /home/username/public_html

The fact its trying to put everything into a directory called iain, when you look at the files locally within the dreamweaver site manager, are they under a directory called iain there? if so, thats the problem you need to change that directory so that iain directory is the top of the site.

ipaweb

Reaction score
Thanks Bugfinder, I'll try that. Unfortunately between me posting FTP was working and receiving your reply, the FTP seems to have stopped working. I'm not sure what has happened although I was playing about with various options under the 'Host Directory' option but I wouldn't have thought taht would have caused this. I took a note of the working settings and they're definitely the same?
Edit:
OK problem eliminated by removing old FTP account (which I had set up pointing to the wrong directory) and creating new account pointing to public_html. Thanks bugfinder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.