problem with drupal install

inventor

Reaction score
hi
i downloaded the newest version of drupal and uploaded all of the files to my site via ftp.
i get to the http://site.x10hosting.com/install.php and start the installation. I can't get through the final stage.
The final stage is making the first account. I create the account and it takes me to http://site.x10hosting.com/?=user/register and it just gets stuck there with a white page.

what's wrong? is it something with file permissions?

thanks

inventor

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I spent all day trying to figure this out. I shouldn't have posted on drupal forums but here.:happysad:

jensen

Reaction score
what version of DRUPAL did you install? Do you still need help with DRUPAL? Remember to get your ads up if you are on the ads package.

Yeah, there has been some security measures to safe guard members, so you need to upgrade. So security is something you can count on here.

inventor

Reaction score
I'm using version 5.3 of drupal. I'm trying to get it installed right now. I'll let you know if i have any more problems installing.
Edit:
As soon as i was approved for the intermediate version of php i got this email

This email is being sent to let you know that your application for a PHP version upgrade to PHP v2 was accepted by x10Hosting's administrator for the hosting account inventor.

Remember that it may take up to three hours for your account's version to be switched - you will receive another email once this happens.

It's been 9 hrs since i got that email and i still haven't gotten the second email.

Last edited:

damsco

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. I upgraded my PHP configuration to "Intermediate" but still see the same blank page when I try to create a new account. I have Drupal-5.7 installed for my site.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.