Problem with email sending in general...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
Hi there, M. C. here; posting a support ticket in relation to my site at http://mcmmsaghb.x10.mx.

Case is this - I got an email from a person who was attempting to sign up for the forums section of my site (located here); the name is undisclosed, but he told me that he has not received his validation email from the board. He even checked his spam folder and he said that the validation email didn't show up there either.

Once again, won't disclose the details, but the person in question to register an account on my site forums signed up under a @gmail.com address. I even sent him an email (as stated earlier) under one of my hosting account's email addresses, and the email itself in question is legit. So does anyone know if it's an internal issue email servers wise (in regards to emails being sent from my forums to folks who are trying to validate there accounts)?

Please let me know soon, and thanks in advance. I greatly appreciate it.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
The only emails I'm seeing as originating from your account are the three you manually sent; I'm not seeing any registration emails from forums. You should check your forum email settings and ensure that they are correct, and do some test registrations yourself to ensure that it is sending emails.

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
Okay, I was doing test emails from the forums part of my site and it is sending emails to other domains that I specify. It seems that it's refusing to send emails to @gmail.com addresses.

On a side note, I was also trying to do test emails to myself from the board via the email addresses I set up for my account - but they haven't shown up (won't disclose what the email address here, but it is the one that I specified in regards to any communications regarding my site's forum operations).

ace_case

Reaction score
Is gmail the only provider that doesn't receive your messages?

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
So far, it's been only @gmail.com since I haven't had any issues with any other email addresses as of the last "signup" (from the account registration part of my site forums there).

ace_case

Reaction score
Hm... Are you using the proper headers? I don't have much experience with sending auto generated emails, so I am not sure, but if it sends to one provider and not another, it implies that it is a code problem. Try adding the origin email to your contacts list in gmail. If it goes through after that, it is probably auto rejecting the email (like not even going to spam)

Status
Not open for further replies.