problem with forum

panny17176

Reaction score
Yea, there's probably a simple silly answer to it, but I can't figure it out...

I tried to add a forum to my site (www.obsanity.net) but I can't access it via the web (www.obsanity.net/forum/index.php). It just loads the main index. I don't know if the main index being flash has anything to do with it, but I'd like it to pop out into it's own window...

It's actually/obviously my first time trying to set something like this up. I tried both SMF and phpbb from the Fantastico De Luxe builder. Both times they seemed to install and configure right, but after Fantastico did it's thing, that was it. Am I missing something else I'm supposed to do? The script support sites just had tutorials for installing from scratch, so me not being all that linux savvy couldn't get much out of it.

And advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ben.arundel28

Reaction score
hey mate

which forum software are you trying to use in this instance?

you shouldnt have to do anything else, do you you have a domain redirect active?

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
You've got something in your htaccess - every page on your entire website displays that

~Callum

panny17176

Reaction score
I do have an .htaccess file in my public_html dir, but it's empty.

The default domain on my account is obsanity.x10.mx and obsanity.net is parked. Would that have anything to do with it...?

ben.arundel28

Reaction score
I was as able to load http://obsanity.x10.mx/forum/ a but but the layout/images were all over the place, and tbh it isnt working any more "he server at obsanity.net is taking too long to respond" cant even load your domain now, may be my ISP going to reset,

make sure you dont have and index.html in your forums direcotry make sure its just index.php and in your cpanel under domains go into redirects and make sure you havent got anyhting in there but i doubt thats it as when i did load the forums/index.php it stayed in my url which suggests there is no redirect, but its worth rolling out 100%

do you have any other htaccess specificaly in the forums direcotry?