Problem with forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

l4w2game

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a board on x10Hosting but it doesn't want to refresh manually, even when cache is turned off - applies to all browsers.

This is not an issue with the board software since I had it running on a different host (Hostinger, the host of failure) and it worked fine in the past, it's a problem with your servers, have you added some sort of cache forcing in your host to save page load times?

Thanks,
Termingamer2-JD

P.S. Please don't come up with nonsense like 'change to phpBB' or something like that, I'm free to use a board software I like even if no one has really heard of it.

Link: l 4 w 2 g a m e r s . x 1 0 . b z (shameful link blocking getaround, because I'm not advertising or a spambot)

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
...have you added some sort of cache forcing in your host to save page load times?
x10hosting recently implemented a different web-server-software setup on their free-hosting servers - which is a combination of the Apache web server and the Varnish cache server
the cache server maybe why there is a delay before you 'see' the file - after you upload it - or see a new post

staff has said - to override [ Varnish cache ] try adding the following line to your [ .htaccess ] file in folder [ public_html ]
Code:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

l4w2game

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice and quick reply!
It seems to be fine now which is a good thing, there should be a sticky about the htaccess modifications you can do to get things working again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.