Problem with htaccess and htpassword

Status
Not open for further replies.

springbox99

Reaction score
Hello,
Some of my webpages, used for administration, are protected by htaccess and htpassword. It worked well, untill upgrade of servers. Now, when you try to connect, the server ask you to authentify yourself, but you don't need to enter the right login and password or even a login and a password. You can access to the page just by clicking "OK".
I don't know why. Any idea ?
Thank you.

Last edited:

liliford

Reaction score
2012-06-10 08:05:50.681 [INFO] [HTAccess] Updating configuration from [/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/.htaccess]

It is a problem since the upgrade started 3 month ago and never ended that i see that error in Error Log in cPanel .
Take a look if you see that error to.

Ps this error is hammering the server so no wonder why i am always hitting resource limits.

springbox99

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer.
I see this error too.
Is there something we can do for this ?

bogdi000

Reaction score
I don't think it's the best idea to protect important (admin) areas of your site only with .htaccess, you can never know when a server malfunction might completely disable that protection.

liliford

Reaction score
I don't think it's the best idea to protect important (admin) areas of your site only with .htaccess, you can never know when a server malfunction might completely disable that protection.

I have been running a website for over 10 years with htaccess without any problem so i do not see why it would not work with x10hosting.

springbox99

Reaction score

This is not the only protection, this is one. And the fact is that it doesn't work for weeks now, wich is quite annoying.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
2012-06-10 08:05:50.681 [INFO] [HTAccess] Updating configuration from [/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/.htaccess]

It is a problem since the upgrade started 3 month ago and never ended that i see that error in Error Log in cPanel .
Take a look if you see that error to.

Ps this error is hammering the server so no wonder why i am always hitting resource limits.

That isn't an error (see how it says INFO instead of, say, WARNING or ERROR), and is not the cause of hitting resource limits, nor even a contributor to it.

Back on topic though, try removing and re-adding the htpasswd protection to see if that fixes it.

liliford

Reaction score
That isn't an error (see how it says INFO instead of, say, WARNING or ERROR), and is not the cause of hitting resource limits, nor even a contributor to it.

Back on topic though, try removing and re-adding the htpasswd protection to see if that fixes it.

Hmm ok then but still it is making some querries because it is hitting the server if it informs you every 2 minutes if not where does it takes those info from.
Must be because there is a problem or please tell me why.

Status
Not open for further replies.