Problem With Jump Drive

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
128 MB Lexar Jump Drive.

A few days ago I was transferring music files from my Ubuntu Linux PC to an Apple Mac Book using the above mentioned jump drive. The jump drive was successfully loaded with files from the Ubuntu machine and transferred to the Apple several times. After each transfer I simply deleted all files from the jump drive and started over. It all went well until about the fourth transfer. As I had done previously I deleted all files from the jump drive and attempted to load new files but received error that I was out of space on the jump drive. The jump drive is now reporting 110 MB used and 88 KB free despite the fact that all files were deleted.

Is it possible to format this jump drive and if so how is it done in Linux? That option does not seem to be available even when logged in with root permissions.
Has the jump drive simply failed and need to be replaced?

fqmyself

Reaction score
look at your trash. may be it's full in ubuntu. or press "Ctrl+H" shows the hidden files and delete the Trash directory in your Jump Drive.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
look at your trash. may be it's full in ubuntu. or press "Ctrl+H" shows the hidden files and delete the Trash directory in your Jump Drive.
I am SURE that I had previously tried that several times before but kept getting some kind of "cannot delete for whatever reason" message. However, based on your suggestion, I decided to try it again.
16.0 KB Used
110 MB Free.
Thank You!