Problem with my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackdevil76

Reaction score
I have 2 people who cant see my page they receive this message :

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (simulationhockey09.x10hosting.com) is not responding Detected

Contact your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) Completed

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (simulationhockey09.x10hosting.com). The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarily unavailable.

They want to acces to the site and i dont know what to do ... no Ip is block from my site .... could someone help me for this ????

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
When I visit your site, I see an Index of / page with a list of all of your files and directories. Try renaming Index.htm (the one that is uppercase) to index.htm (lowercase instead). After that, your site should be able to be viewed without typing in index.htm in the address bar.

Remember that on a linux server file names are case sensitive. Index.htm and index.htm are two separate files as read in linux.

Last edited:

blackdevil76

Reaction score
You think its because of the uppercase I in Index and not index ????

Ill give it a try

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
You think its because of the uppercase I in Index and not index ???? Ill give it a try
Linux / Apache is Case Sensitive. Index.html, iNdEx.html, and index.html are all different things.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I see that it's solved the problem of the Index of / page can no longer be viewed. I hope that it solves the problem with the other two people not being able to see your site. If it still doesn't work, please let us know.

blackdevil76

Reaction score
Ty very much ill wait for there comments if its working :)

Thanx a lot for your help

the two i know have Windows 7 no linux ... maybe its windows 7 ???

blackdevil76

Reaction score
Doesnt solve the problem 1 of them tell me right away thats not the problem ....

i heard the Marquee could be a problem with some browser ....

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think I made myself clear in previous post. In more simple terms, Index.html and index.html are two different things when you are working on your website, as you discovered. The end users operating system is not relevant to this issue.

i heard the Marquee could be a problem with some browser ....
There could possibly be some browser compatibility issue. One way to test that out is by testing at this website:
http://browsershots.org/

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Ty very much ill wait for there comments if its working :)

Thanx a lot for your help

When we mentioned linux, we meant the operating system that the free hosting servers of x10hosting uses. Not the OS of individual computers.

Try having those people empty their browser's cache and flush their computers DNS.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you gone to see if that file paper_tor.jpg exists in your public_html directory? If you see it, make sure the file name is all in lowercase letters.

By the way, your forum page loaded fine for me. Have they emptied their browser cache and flushed their DNS on their computers yet?

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
That image is missing thatis why that meaasge is shown

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Your forum is loading fine ,also the image

blackdevil76

Reaction score
Yes everything is fine for everybody except 2 people who cant see the page they receive the message i gave you earlier .... the two people delete cookies and flush dns and nothing happen the same message appear ...

For me the site is working fine and for the 26 others members who acces the site everyday have no problem only the San Josée Manager and Chicago manager cant access the site ... i know the problem occur right after the move .... but i dont know why only 2 user have the problem........

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It's probably an error on their end, either with their computers or their ISP. I myself am using windows 7 and have no problems with it.

blackdevil76

Reaction score
ok thanx one more question is it possible that his ISP block x10hosting because of the last attack x10hosting receive ???

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
The only way to find out is if they call their ISP and ask them about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.