Problem with PHPBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaxiom

Reaction score
I guess we can start off with what instruction i have. As of now i am following this, extremely simple guide on how to install a phpbb forum: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jqHQQB1zno&feature=related)

At about 4:55, he goes into the installation tab and clicks the proceed to the next step button and comes up with a new page. Unfortunatley mine doesnt go so smoothly. After clicking the "proceed to next step" button I come to a page that reads:

Warning: Cannot load module 'SQLite' because required module 'pdo' is not loaded in Unknown on line 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 440: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_install.php:24)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 441: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_install.php:24)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 442: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_install.php:24)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 443: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_install.php:24)
If you know a solution please inform me =], i would greatly appreciate it.
Also if this matters, i see where it says index.php.... i was follow a different guide where it told me to go into a folder and delete the index file that was already in there. Me being the cautious person i am, i coppied the file to my desktop. The downside... i dont remember where it goes. If that is the problem please let me know.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
You could just use the PHPBB install in fantasico. Try using regular mysql instead of sqlite.

theaxiom

Reaction score
Im pretty sure i have MySQL. And Navicatlite.
But im currently using both for a Private server. Can i multi-task and use it for both?

theaxiom

Reaction score
Ok so i have the new database.
Only problem being that i still cant continue pass the point i started at. And i have no options to change database method.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
My guess is there was a closing php tag with some character after it (maybe even an unprintable character) in the file /includes/functions_install.php at line 24.

Maybe try downloading the phpBB .zip file again, then upload it using CPanel, then unzip it using cpanel. Otherwise, you can post the code here from the file above so we can figure out what is sending the headers.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The warning message is probably what's causing the headers to be sent. At least on free servers, the PDO extension isn't installed, which is why you get the warning.

Now that I look, it seems no SQLite driver is installed on the free hosts. There is a SQLite driver in PECL, but it's old and probably won't work. Unless you want to hack phpBB to use a different DB for the install, it looks like you have to use X10's version.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
That's possible. I've never seen anyone have a problem with phpBB before. In fact, before I started using SMF I had phpBB installed and running.

From phpBB's website:

A SQL database system, one of:

* FireBird 2.0 or above
* MySQL 3.23 or above
* MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)
* Oracle
* PostgreSQL 7.x or above
* SQLite 2

I can't imagine why the installer would require a module for a database before you tell it to even try to find a database.
Edit:
On page 3 of the install (database settings) database type should be MySQL. I ran this on my home server and it worked fine.

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
On page 3 of the install (database settings) database type should be MySQL. I ran this on my home server and it worked fine.
It looks like the install is failing on the "Installation Compatibility" page, before theaxiom is picking the DB to use (4:55 in the YT video is the 2nd install page). It's probably the Supported Databases check that's failing. In that case, removing the check for SQLite would probably work. It also may be safe to ignore the error message, depending on whether or not enough of the page renders for the OP to procede.

Also if this matters, i see where it says index.php.... i was follow a different guide where it told me to go into a folder and delete the index file that was already in there. Me being the cautious person i am, i coppied the file to my desktop. The downside... i dont remember where it goes. If that is the problem please let me know.

The error message says "/install/index.php", so it should go in /install. Of course, you may have moved a different file with the name index.php, in which case you don't want to replace the one in /install. If it's the same file, you shouldn't be able to get the page that's producing the error.

The best thing is probably to start from scratch. Delete the folder you installed phpBB into, drop the DB & follow the video again.

theaxiom

Reaction score
Fellas, i got it under control. I got my forums up.
unfortunatley i ran into a different problem im about to post in a new thread, it has nothing to do with PHPBB

If anyone wants to check it out its forum.wowchampions.co.cc
=]

Status
Not open for further replies.