Problem with receive answers on appeal about unsuspend my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

novogami

Reaction score
Hello!
My account with 3 sites was suspended: Administrative suspension. Date: 2015-09-27 20:03:36
When I start appeal receive answer about one my site was received a complaint.
I explain what I make, how and for what. I did not make nothing criminal.
After I start found way how to resolve the situation, we have many ways for do it, I stop receive any answers from support team.
I hope admins will see my message here and will help me.
Thank you!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Your appeal was denied after further investigation; between the copyright/trademark infringement which caused the initial report, there's also a large number of files that are unrelated to any visible website on your service, which would be considered file hosting. Many of these also share the sole purpose of accessing third party websites either to scrape them or automate actions on them; this is also against the Terms of Service.

In your most recent dispute reply you had made comments that it was meant for private use; had this been installed on a local server that only you could view, this would not have been an issue. Unfortunately, we are a public-facing web hosting provider, where the files on your account can be seen/viewed by anyone. This includes the copyright holder, who did not authorize the reposting of their content on a website other than theirs.

At that point, the appeal was closed as denied and no further replies were being seen/handled; unfortunately, for the reasons detailed above, we will not be able to lift the suspension.

Edit: I do need to clarify as well about the "did not make anything criminal" part - there's going to be some confusion as while you didn't intend for it to be illegal, you did take the content from another site and post it in a publicly accessible location without permission. That isn't legal with the way current copyright law is set up.

Last edited:

novogami

Reaction score
Thank you for answer!
By Inforesist.org rules I can put link on original article from Inforesist.org:
"Quoting, copying parts of texts or images, the publication and republication,
reprinting or any other dissemination of information created agency InfoResist,
possibly provided links to InfoResist. The link must be placed whether fully or
partially used materials. Hyperlink subtitle should be located in the
same material or in its first paragraph."
https://inforesist.org/pravila-ispolzovaniya-materialov-sajta-inforesist/
Translation: https://translate.google.ru/transla...aniya-materialov-sajta-inforesist/&edit-text=

We have many way how fix this situation, I can set in .htaccess work only with my IP address or add authorization for protect content from anyone who discovered it and could view it. I can found solution with Inforesist.org for withdrawal of the complaint. Also I can delete one from my sites, but why you block all my sites?
I'm with your hosting more than 5 years, win in x10hosting Pumpkin Decorating Competition and finnaly you use formal occasion and a small complaint for the complete removal of all my sites?!

In rules you tell: "We prefer to remove account suspensions for legitimate users who have made an honest mistake.
If you've broken a rule that you didn't realize, please review our Terms of Service and let us know how you'll prevent it from happening again. We understand that mistakes happen and we'll try to give you the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately in some severe cases it may not be possible for us to reinstate your account. An honest mistake does not imply a permanent suspension."

But why for me it not work???

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I just re-checked the site; nowhere present is there any link to the original publication, nor is there when viewing an article. There is also no references to inforesist.org anywhere within the source code; everything displayed is indicated as being from inforesist.cf, which based on the report we received is not redistributing in conjunction with what they would allow. We also cannot block it via IP address as that would then mean the files are being stored, since we are designed to be a public facing webhost.

The issue here is in the same text you've described, it does indicate "severe cases." Copyright infringement is one of those cases due to the way US Law works - once we are made aware of infringement, if we do not act, we lose the DMCA Safe Harbor protection, which then makes us partially liable for the infringing content.

The only potential possibility we have in this situation that I am willing to consider is the removal of the inforesist.cf website from our network due to its involvement in copyright infringing activities. Doing so would satisfy the original copyright infringement report received, however you would need to be extremely careful in the future as copyright infringement is a MAJOR issue in current US Law, and not something we can take lightly as a result.

novogami

Reaction score
Yes, link on original site Inforesist.org was not present, but I did tell what I can add it without any problem when will have access to FTP. But if remove inforesist.cf is only one way for unsuspend my account - of course I'm ready. Please return me FTP access to my files and I will make all. After this I will tell you for check and if all OK - you can unsuspend account. Of course in future I will more careful with any rules and laws.
Thank you for understanding!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
With the copyright infringement report already here, removing it's the last option we have. I'll lift the suspension shortly; prior to doing so though I am moving the inforesist.cf folder one level higher - this will prevent the infringing content from loading, but the files will still be accessible if you need to make a backup for any reason.

Edit: Suspension has been lifted; depending on your FTP settings you may need to use cPanel to retrieve the old files (as they're above public_html).

novogami

Reaction score
I backup content and delete folder inforesist.cf also tomorrow will delete some other files what about you tell before "there's also a large number of files that are unrelated to any visible website on your service, which would be considered file hosting" because most of this is long time not using and was created only for tests (PHP programming experiments)...
Thank you again for unsuspend my account!

Status
Not open for further replies.