Problem with SMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

tam-iam

Reaction score
Hi. I am have a problem with SMF on my site. My website is Cash Crafters - Index.
I am getting the following error on my SMF error log which may be causing any aplication problem I am having with Tiny Portal:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 5
File: /home/tamsite/public_html/forum/smf_1-1-3_install/Sources/Post.php
Line: 575

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.3, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
I posted about the problem at SMF and here is my post and the reply I received.
Make sure your ownership is Yours only not the servers. Contact your server about it.

Because this is a shared server, I don't have ownership. Is that correct? Is there anything that can be done from this end toward fixing this problem or am I stuck as long as I am using free hosting?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Can you upgrade your SMF to 1.1.3, that seems to be the problem.

tam-iam

Reaction score
SMF 1.1.3 is the version I installed, along with TP .98. Both are the most recent versions and installed fresh, not upgraded. I don't know why the error message is saying 1.1.2. Although it does say it's the database at 1.1.2, not the forum. I don't know why they would be different. The whole software program was a zipped file that I downloaded, unzipped then uploaded.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I just looked at your ownership permissions, you are the sole owner of the files.

-Corey

tam-iam

Reaction score
That's good to know. I will head back over to SMF and try to resolve it there. Thanks for all your help. :biggrin:

lambada

Reaction score
Seeing as the immediate problem has been resolved i'll lock this thread for now.

If the SMF team need any more details then please re-open this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.