problem with website code

Status
Not open for further replies.

ata.online

Reaction score
Still none of your inside links work, which means that something is still wrong with the structure of the site.

Wait a second, you told me you paid 34 dollars for that site, not a few hundred.

The links seems to be working thanks to gsonline!
Although there is a few code showing at top of page it is better than before.
I removed adsense for peace of mind as i don't want to risk losing my account.
With regards to translation, there is some work to do. I am not too bothered about that and prefer it in english to be honest.

I paid a few hundred (not sure exactly but it was upto $200 or more) back in summer 2007. The $35 was for a backup CD bought in Oct as i was a complete novice and didn't realise that i need to backup files if inactive. I thought i just need username/password to access cpanel. But it seems he doesn't use the server anymore. I think his server/website was hacked. Still, you live and learn.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I am working on the code.

Wait for some more time. Everything works. Including the translations.

Don't worry.

ata.online

Reaction score
As for the links (and image URIs), they have the wrong server name. Looks like there's a setting for the server name somewhere, and (with it unset) the links are improperly generated; "/blogepublishing" becomes "http://blogepublishing.com".
Regarding "/blogepublishing" becomes "http://blogepublishing.com".
My initial domain was blogepublishing. But i assumed i had the domain for life (since i was a newbie). But i then realised it has to be renewed each year. Hence, GoDaddy sold it to cenal.com and is asking for a price of $750. This was their email back in May:

'There are over 30,000 domains expire and non-renewed daily.
We have developed a technology that is analyzing traffic generated by these domains and buys selected domains via domain auctions with a bidding process such as Deleting.co.uk , DropWizard.com, DropKing.com, Pool.com, SnapNames.com and many others.
Nevertheless, after reading your letter we are ready to consider giving up the domain name.
But we are expecting at least to be compensated for the time and money spent on the registration process'

750 USD will cover it.

Regards,
Cenal.com

This was all news to me. It seems the domain has reached the value of $750.
http://domains.whois.com/domain.php

Note that auto-translated pages no longer count as one of the big-3 required site languages (French, Spanish and English). You're fine on this count since your site is in two of the languages, but you still might get into trouble since the translation links either use Google or aren't actually links. The latter refers to the (e.g.) "Traduzioni disponibili" section at the top of each article; fix that section and you shouldn't have any hassles.
I prefer the site to remain in english rather than other languages as most websites on google search are in english language.

"Traduzioni disponibili" section'
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but at present the translated version is not working. I have removed adsense for peace of mind. Also, don't forget, the duplicate content issue since most articles are from article dashboard.

Also, it looks like you didn't write many (any?) of the articles. Make sure the articles are public domain, creative commons or you otherwise have permission to host them. Copyright infringement is against the ToS, and you don't want to get banned. To be safe, you'll need to display a notice for each article stating its status and (in a perfect world) a link to the original to prove it.

All english articles were already hyperlinked at the bottom, you will see anchor text: 'Articledashboard'
The translated version doesn't seem to have link attached as all the articles from articledashboard are in engish

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
"Traduzioni disponibili" section'
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but at present the translated version is not working. I have removed adsense for peace of mind. Also, don't forget, the duplicate content issue since most articles are from article dashboard.
The page you linked to oh-so-many posts ago (http://ata.x10hosting.com/blogepublish/51099_Blogging_Blogging_For_A_Living__Here_s_How___.html) had a section labeled "Traduzioni disponibili" at the top. It's the "Translations Available" section, and is what (I assume) you're talking about when you say "the translated version is not working".

It's good to see the site coming together.

ata.online

Reaction score
The page you linked to oh-so-many posts ago (http://ata.x10hosting.com/blogepublish/51099_Blogging_Blogging_For_A_Living__Here_s_How___.html) had a section labeled "Traduzioni disponibili" at the top. It's the "Translations Available" section, and is what (I assume) you're talking about when you say "the translated version is not working".

It's good to see the site coming together.

Thanks! Also you mentioned adb_feeds being in the root directory although it does work there.... but gsonline placed it under public_html and the site still seems to work fine. It seems adb_feeds does not need to be in root directory as there was some coding that needed to be done.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
gsonline probably changed the path in the script, thus changing where adb_feeds needed to be located.

Status
Not open for further replies.