Problem zipping files via cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

pball

Reaction score
I can not get cpanel to zip up my whole site. It starts out good and a temp file is made which I can see in my ftp. But when the temp file gets anywhere from 400-600mb a new temp file is made and then that stops increasing in size.

The filemanager page just stays on the progress bar and doesn't error or anything.

I just tried using tar instead of zip as the compression and it worked fine, so it appears to be a problem when using zip. So I guess it's not really a big problem, since it's possible to use another compression.

edit:
I can not download the .tar file I made using in the file manager with cpanel though using my ftp. I just get "File transfer failed" whenever I try to download the file.

edit 2:
seems .tar.gz manage to complete making an archive either
.tar.bz2 also won't complete

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you try -not- having warez on the account next time? Just cause, you know, it's in the terms you agreed to, and now your entire account has gone away permanently, and somewhere an angel just turned into a Demon because of your sin unto this world.

Okay maybe a bit over the top at the end there, but seriously. You're now permanently suspended for 5 seperate counts of warez, and multiple counts of File Hosting both for the gallery which isn't linked -anywhere-, and for the legitimate downloads which ALSO aren't linked -anywhere- which makes them not part of your website. This is a zero tolerance suspension, so you will not be permitted further access to the account of any kind, and we have no intentions of assisting you further. Break the TOS, get suspended, end of story. Thanks for using x10hosting!

pball

Reaction score
Ah well, it's been nice while it lasted. I know I won't get anything from this but only 3 of those warez counts are correct. Also the photo album was private for friends and family which is why it wasn't linked on a public site.

I'm just sad you couldn't comment on the problem since it could affect other people also.

I'd say see ya around but that's probably not likely. Thanks for the good free hosting.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post. Just wondering if I made a new account and hosted the legit part of my site (yes there was a legit part that had nothing to do with those files) would it get deleted for being related to this incident?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

While we can't stop you from signing up again, you need to wait for this account to be deleted sometime after 14 days of suspension.
I'd just like to point out that our service doesn't have any time for ToS violators. If you are going to sign up again, I suggest you honour that. If not, you need to find another host, as violations are not acceptable here.

Status
Not open for further replies.