Problems accessing remote MySQL from my x10 website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinicalinfonet

Reaction score
I would like to have my x10 hosted website access a MySQL database which I am hosting on my own corportate server, however, the connection does not seem to be allowed. Please advise, thanks.

-Scott

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Edit: Turns out I was wrong on your situation.

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
connecting to an external MySQL database should. Check firewalls on the machine/network with the mysql server. Corporate networks/firewalls tend to be very touchy on external connections.

Last edited:

clinicalinfonet

Reaction score
Check firewalls on the machine/network with the mysql server.

Not an issue. I'm trying to use the x10 account as a pseudo backup/test host to an existing site with another hosting company. I have both sites pointing to the same MySQL server, the other one works, but x10 doesn't. I'm using a super simple PHP script to only test the connection before migrating the full site over. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
-Shaggy

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Well there are the upgrades and server moves going on right now for the past two months. Please keep an eye on the server status page http://status.x10hosting.com/ for updates on these changes and the progress.

clinicalinfonet

Reaction score
Well there are the upgrades and server moves going on right now for the past two months.

I did see that there are upgrades taking place, and thought it was probably a case of bad timing that I happen to sign up for a new account, never having heard of x10 before, right in the middle of this upgrade project :\

However, the latest news posted 22 hours ago states that "all new hosting accounts should be all set", and goes on to imply that the accounts affected by the project are those created prior to March 13th. As I just created my account yesterday, I thought my account might not be adversely impacted. I'm willing to accept that I am impacted, but from all I've heard/seen up to this point, it isn't clear to me that the answer here is to "wait it out".

Thanks for the advice though, I do appreciate it. Since x10 is the first "other" web host I'm testing, I guess my next step will be to find yet another and try it again. I'll report back here what happens, and see if there are any other ideas, depending on the outcome.

-Shaggy

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
I asked an admin about it, and they said outgoing mysql connections should be fine.

We could bug an admin to look into why its not working

clinicalinfonet

Reaction score
Well, I set up a hosting account with '000webhost.com' and ran my DB connect test from there. It worked fine, so there must be something wrong on the x10 side.

What shall I do now?

-Shaggy

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got it listed in a place the admins/staff check to see if we can get a possible list of whats causing the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.