problems setting up webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

naphtali.org70

Reaction score
Just joined X10 in last 24 hours
Everytime i try to advance in the "sitebuilder" application, I get a "Warning - username or password incorrect" at the second screen even though i'm entering the Domain name, Username, and Password that i have been given and/or confirmed.
It says FTP Username - is that different from my Username (j2conrad)

I can only continue as a Guest - and when i get to a later screen it says something about payment for the website (or the setup) - i thought everything (including website setup) was free??

Please help - or I'll have to pick another hosting service.

Thanks,
j2conrad
Account id WAA33949716

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm guessing that it's asking for payment since it's not logged in with your hosting account. Have you tried creating a new ftp account in your cPanel and seeing if that would help?

Just a note here: the free sitebuilder has been having a lot of problems since the recent transfer of servers a month ago. Staff are doing their best to fix things and tweaking settings to make things better for everyone.

Last edited:

naphtali.org70

Reaction score
Tried setting up FTP - i think i succeeded and got a new FTPUsername, which didn't change my ability to register on the free webpage builder --

?
Any other ideas?
How can i get some 'livehelp' of some sort - phone, on-line?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There is IRC chat, but there's no guarantee that there's someone available live. Free hosting support is primarily through this forum.

I'll ask about the sitebuilder and then wait for a response.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.