Problems uploading files with FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodrigu5

Reaction score
About once every month I updaye my whole site www.rodriguezgarcia.com by uploading about 600 files. It used to be a snap, but for the last couple of month it's a pain.

My client starts uploading but after a few files, it gets disconnected, some files are reported as uploades but they are not, etc.

I didn't made any changes to my configuration and I've tried 2 different clients FireFTP and LeechFTP.

Has there been any changes to the system that I'm unaware of?

Thanks.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Hi rodrigu5,

There was a change made not long to protect our servers from DDoS attacks. If you upload many small files at once, the transfer may be so fast that the server disconnects your FTP connection for security purposes.

To resolve this issue, you can package/archive all your files into a .zip file and upload the large file to your account. Then, log in to your cPanel and enter your File Manager. Find the .zip file and use the Extract feature on the File Manager to extract the file out of the .zip file.

If you wait a while, there may be an account manager around that has a better idea.

- Adam

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I totaly agree with adamparkzer

Hi vishal2,

It's awesome that you're supporting me and all, but please don't post things that don't contribute to helping the person that created the ticket. ;)

Thanks, it worked.

Hi rodrigu5,

Now that the problem is resolved, and it seems like you are satisfied with the response you received, I am going to close this ticket. Feel free to create a new ticket if you need more help or have any additional questions.

- Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.