problems with ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsey

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm having some more troubles with the adverts.

I am using joomla 1.0.0 and smf 1.1 beta 3 integrated. My template is 247portal. So this probably won't make sense to a lot of you that don't use these scripts. Anyway, here goes.

I have the adverts set to display in my site template where my mosLoadBanners would normally load, instead I removed the mosLoad function and replaced it with the advert javascript code. It is working fine on NHFD main and everywhere outside of the forums.

The problem arises on my wrapped forums. I am using a separate template, though it is still 247portal. A member of the joomla forums, vavroom, suggested this. Nic is also a core developer of joomla, and, as such, wouldn't steer me wrong, as this is how their forums are integrated.

I basically renamed my default template from 247portal to 247portal_default and set it as the default template for NHFD, then uploaded the portal template again and assigned it to my forums. These forums, as I said before, are wrapped and can be viewed here. The advert js is once again located in the mosLoadBanner position, but sometimes they load and sometimes they don't.

I don't want to get in trouble and have my site suspended because they don't always load. I've also noticed that when they do load, it takes forever and a day, which is why I spent over 3 hours working on them to begin with, I didn't think they were displaying.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Richard

Reaction score
This is a weird problem but you can use Joomla's banner system to put in x10's ad code. I have done it on several sites and had no problems at all, so I suggest you try that.

Lindsey

Reaction score
oh, I finally figured out why it wasn't working!!!!! In the module parameters for the banners, I didn't realize that I had to enter an actual id NUMBER for the banner client, I was always just typing in the name of the client.... since I figured out that the id was 3 and entered that, it's working...

thanks! if you hadn't put your 2 cents in about this, i probably wouldn't have messed with it anymore! :D

Lindsey

Reaction score
well, correction, i changed the templates back to target <?php mosLoadComponent( "banners" ); ?> instead of the actual javascript and once again, it's loading on the main site but not always on the forums templates... this is very frustrating, though I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the banners and not necessarily the script

n4tec

Reaction score
You can use the banner system located in the ACP of Joomla! ..

or

try these.. go to the index.php located in the templates folder..

look for

Code:
<?php mosMainBody(); ?>

if you find the above code.. Put the ads code above <?php mosMainBody(); ?>.. And you are done. it should appear before the main content of your Joomla! ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.