problems with phpbb

Status
Not open for further replies.

evegas

Reaction score
im having problems with the phpbb3 a have installed.when i try to create a new topic, it send me to a INTERNAL SERVER ERROR. I think its something about the mysql database.

Zach

Reaction score
It could be the database, I would recommend re-installing phpBB. First I would do a backup of everything on your forum if needed:
http://php.about.com/od/phpbb/qt/backup_phpbb.htm

That tutorial is a bit outdated, but it should still work. If this problem has been going on since installation, you probably wont need a backup because there probably isn't anything really sensitive on your forum. Next would be an uninstall of phpBB.

If you installed via fantastico or installatron (I'm not sure if x10 offers this), then you can use the un-install link in those modules. Otherwise you can just delete everything under the forum directory from your account via FTP or the file manager. Then you can delete the mySQL database.

Just go to the mySQL databases module in cPanel, and delete the database and the database user. Be careful! Make sure no other things installed on your account use the same database. If you've only installed phpBB you're good to go. After the database is deleted, you can start with a fresh install of phpBB, and then restore your backup if needed.

If you've got any questions on clarifying any of the above, I'd be happy to help. You can post here or PM.
Also other users may have some better ideas bellow...

evegas

Reaction score
everything was going right, I have like a year using the x10 hosting and using phpbb3. The problem start ocurring on monday. So I think something that I cant fix is happening, like a misconfiguration of the server or I dont know. I will like if someone of the staff check this in the server, so if nothnig wrong there, then theres nothing more to do than reinstalling all the forum.

thanks for your help Zach!

Status
Not open for further replies.