Problems with Windows Vista...

mineeme

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new Dell XPS M1530 and it came preinstalled with Vista. I have been running into problems with viewing flash videos in any of my browsers. The videos will simply play for about two seconds, actually it will play for two seconds every time with now sound, then stop. Has anyone else ran across this problem? I downloaded the newest version of flash, but this only resolved the problem for less than a day.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I haven't had this problem, perhaps Flash is conflicting with a program Dell preinstalled?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
My roommate had an XPS M1330 with Vista preinstalled.. don't think he had that problem but it doesn't matter now as I reformatted it and put XP on it.

What kind of flash videos are you viewing? Are they player-particular (i.e. break.com, youtube.com) or are they flash movies like on Newgrounds?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

That's why you should buy a mac instead ;)
What? Buy a Mac just to watch Flash movies? No way....Macs don't have any decent games and the majority of applications for it are made by Apple or are open source and have been ported from Linux. No way.

The original poster, try uninstalling Flash and re-installing it, this may help you fix it. If it doesn't work, post back and we'll see what we can do.

-Luke.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Adobe Flash I've found has been buggy on even Windows XP. It may just be a bug with Flash again, but I have the latest version on my Vista machine, XP machine and Windows 2000 machines and it works fine. My guess is to try uninstalling then reinstalling Flash again, and if that doesn't work, look around for some software running on the computer like ad-blocking/script blocking software that may be messing up Flash, and try Firefox as well if you haven't already. Dell's software shouldn't be messing with flash anyways.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i only have that problem when i have alot of ustream tabs open but what you should do is play around with the flash player settings that should fix the problem if not then well refresh the page a couple of times

Last edited:

Jober68

Reaction score
Some things you could try....

Go to microsoft's homepage and download Service Pack 1 for vista if you haven't already. Be sure you do updates on your PC at least every other day because they come out about that often. And the last thing you could try is to run your browser as an administrator. Sometimes things get caught behind permission masks and it becomes a pain. Hope you get your problem solved.

ASPX.King

Reaction score
yeah, try un-installing flash then re-installing it if it doesn't work, try using firefox

i had the same problem on a toshiba, so it's not dell

but don't go to a mac, you'll never be happy if you're anything more than a basic user

Nathan H

Reaction score
I have this probalem on both my XP and VIsta whether on IE or firefox, but only if i have opened \lots of flash videos, i beleve its a bufferring error, just clear your cache and only open one at a time try that.

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Its your internet connection. You don't download at a fast enough speed rate.

Nah

my school's net is like 256kbs down, and Youtube's video's load.. and so does Newgrounds *both slow as freaking hell* but they still load.

~Blaze

ASPX.King

Reaction score
no, it's not your internet, i'm on 12mps broadband, and on ie flash shows up as white boxes. firefox it works fine for me...

have you tried firefox?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Heh, speaking of speed, I first found out about YouTube on a dial-up connection when I wasn't home at a family relative's who has gotten DSL shortly after I had found out about the site. YouTube took a very long time to load, but it never did stop sending me video data.

Also, on my XP machine, IE was having a hard time running flash, and Firefox wasn't, so when I ran the uninstaller from the Adobe website and reinstalled Flash, it worked again.

Also, note that I've found some ad-blocking software and some security centers to block video streaming, so check your security software.

Last edited:

brutetal

Reaction score
I have the same problem, but I fix it by just restarting the comp.
Cause I leave my comp on for weeks and it usually starts to show up after 8 days.