problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblazingangel

Prime Account
Reaction score
i'm having problems with my account.

some of the pages aren't displaying for my site. no worries there, i've got a backup. however, i can't log in via ftp...

i tried changing the ftp password via cpanel (which i CAN log in to and should be the exact same login), that redirected me to changing the main login details, i tried that but attempting to change the password results in an error:

There was an error manipulating the password file. This generally means you entered your old password incorrectly.
The following services were updated:(if any)

Changing password for user blaze.
Changing password for blaze
(current) UNIX password:
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error

i tried twice. i'm sure i'm entering my password correctly...

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you try logging in again and let me know, there was an issue with FTP on that server.

-Corey

theblazingangel

Prime Account
Reaction score
just tried last night and ftp now works. the broken pages also work now.

the only worry i have is about the change password feature on cpanel. before the move i had difficulty with it and you changed the password manually for me. just now before the ftp server was fixed as i described above, it was giving me an error.
if you want me to have another look at it for you to see if it works now, i will...

thanks

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Try changing it again and see if you get an error or if it accepts it. If it messes up PM me with a link to this thread so I'll see it faster.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you locked out of your account right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.