ps to dw help

motokruisers

Reaction score
hey guys do you knowany websites that have tutorials to transfer your photoshop work into dreamweaver to make it into useable website. like i use photoshop to design my website but i dont know how to use dreamweaver to make it work like the links and how to post it on the web i think you use ftp. i need a noob tutorial. thanks

prithvi

Reaction score
I can't give any particular link right now.................but you can try searching at http://www.good-tutorials.com
It has the best and largest compilation of PS tutorials.

btw, hope u r using slices.
After you've designed your layout, you should use the Slice tool to slice up your page (it helps for fast loading..............and it helps to mark out your different areas on the page)
While saving, you have to use File>Save for Web and all your slices will get saved to an 'images' folder, along with the html page.

When u open up the html page in Dreamweaver, you can remove unwanted slices (areas that you've marked for placing content) or alternatively, you can avoid selecting those slices while Saving your file and use the 'selected slices' option.

To give a link to any marked area, just use the Link option in the Property bar below.