PS3 Emulator For Pocket PC

iholla

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can download a ps3 emulator for pocket pc on WinMobile 6? Plus, how do I get a hold of the driver 2 roms ?

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think such a thing would be possible:
1) Amount of game data (too big even for DVD)
2) Processing power of PS3.

So, it'd be exceptionally laggy, and you'd need to lug around an external HDD. Added to that a different processor architecture, and the overheads that would be needed to do it all via software. Maybe... 0.01FPS?

Xemnas

Reaction score
Also, I believe it would be illegal unless Sony distributed it themselves.

Last edited:

lordtron

Reaction score
Sony does have emulators for there systems, but they are surely not for free.

And yeah there is not even a emulator for pcs yet for PS3, so there will be none for that either.

Excelryu

Reaction score
Wow if an emulator for a pocket pc of PS3 was possible we would be using PSP 3s by now.

ashwinsinha

Reaction score
All of the posts are exactly correct!
Please forget about this idea for the next 3 years when the pocket PC's start playing PS1's
Then wait another good 2 years for PS2's
Then a whole 5 years for PS3's as of i know it's InsideOut - it is one of the first products in the world that will go only according to sony.
A clear nothing extra!
Only the mods in the way sony want's them to be.
Only the chips the way controlled by sony.
And everything under control.
Nothing can be changed and modified and changed in that system by any other company of by piracy groups.
If the illegal ps3 is sold, nothing new can be put into it.
It's such high security that if any uncertified mods are put, forget about playing 90% of the games sold legally.
The game can just not be edited to suit the needs of of modifications, it will needed to be recreated!
By the time piracy groups re-create the game, The pirated games will cost you around the same price!
Also - a pirated one will make you land up in Jail!
So, happy waiting for the next 10 years!

Last edited:

iholla

Reaction score
All of the posts are exactly correct!
Please forget about this idea for the next 3 years when the pocket PC's start playing PS1's
Then wait another good 2 years for PS2's
Then a whole 5 years for PS3's as of i know it's InsideOut

Why support that which you know nothing about!

There is currently a ps1 and ps2 emulator for pocket pc! Try googling for FPSEce

Emulators are legal and some are freeware! You cannot go to jail for buying and installing an emulator.

C'mon gamers, get with the program! I already have ps1 and ps2 emulators for both desktop pc and pocket pc. Just looking for the ps3 emulator!

Sohail

Reaction score
I don't think people should try to emulate the PS3. Why can't people be normal for once and buy a PS3 instead of emulating one. A pocket PC would probably crash trying to run one as you would need a lot of processing power / RAM which you would NEVER be able to get out of a pocket PC you know!

The PS3 would specially made to support all the calculations with a special processor so why do you need to try and get it cheaply when you can be normal and simply buy one to get everything you need out of a good gaming console.

ashwinsinha

Reaction score

Why support that which you know nothing about!

There is currently a ps1 and ps2 emulator for pocket pc! Try googling for FPSEce

Emulators are legal and some are freeware! You cannot go to jail for buying and installing an emulator.

C'mon gamers, get with the program! I already have ps1 and ps2 emulators for both desktop pc and pocket pc. Just looking for the ps3 emulator!

Ever tried finding put if Sony gives permission to sell or distribute roms or if sony does this itself!
Emulators may be legal as they have nothing much to do directly with the company but the roms can simply halt sales of consoles and cd's/DVD's
Edit:
Also the processor speed!
Ps3 is one of the fastest out there in the market.
Pocket Pc's have advanced but haven't been published for sales yet.
Expect them @ 3/4 the speed of a PS3 in Q3 2009
If you have spent around $25,000 in buying one - you're lucky!!
Best wishes to make your dream true as fast a possible!
Wishing you a bright future as a world class emulator designer.

Last edited: