ps3 question

krofunk

Reaction score
:rolleyes: I was recently gifted a PS3 with a fault, it is a laser fault. I have no problem with replacing it. My question is how long do these bluray lasers last...seems like a pretty common problem with the PS3.

and this is the single laser model 400aa or something along those lines.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
From what I've come across on the net after googling ps3 bluray laser, it sounds like you might just want to buy a standalone bluray player.

Clinton

Reaction score
It's NOT a pretty common problem. If there is something wrong with a PS3, it usually happens to be a laser issue. Nothing too common about it.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I think I saw replacements on http://dealextreme.com/ ... I think... All sorts of stuff on there it's where I got my ds acekard from.

krofunk

Reaction score
i got a replacement laser and deck from amazon (just incase it was a motor problem) it cost me £48 and it works now. I will see how it goes, working fine for the moment xD

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
:rolleyes: I was recently gifted a PS3 with a fault, it is a laser fault. I have no problem with replacing it. My question is how long do these bluray lasers last...seems like a pretty common problem with the PS3.

and this is the single laser model 400aa or something along those lines.
The drives themselves should last for years, though if they're getting very warm or dust-filled, they're going to die in a short amount of time. Consoles aren't known to have the best of cooling, so it might be something related to heat, and dust since that is also unavoidable.