PS3 will not upscale a 720p game to fit the 1080i

speakout

Reaction score
For all of you considering getting a PS3, keep this in mind. If your HDTV does NOT support 720P, like many CRT HDTVs do, the PS3 will not upscale a 720p game to fit the 1080i resolution like the Xbox 360. The $600 PS3 will downscale the picture to 480p.

Here is the link to the complete article:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/746/746282p1.html

Zenax

Reaction score
Just another thing wrong with the ps3 ...... lol

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
*sigh* Thats really near-sighted of sony.

Hopefully they'll release a patch to enable 1080i output.

apple19

Reaction score
WHo cares.......First of all, the PS3 will be down at least $100 by january. Second of all, Theres barely any games, so its not worth is. 3rd of all, The graphics arent THAT much better. Just an opinion......I have family in the game buisness.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
apple19 said:
WHo cares.......First of all, the PS3 will be down at least $100 by january. Second of all, Theres barely any games, so its not worth is. 3rd of all, The graphics arent THAT much better. Just an opinion......I have family in the game buisness.

No offense dude, but that's just crap. The graphics are not only better, they're mind blowing. The amount of the detail that the developers put in their games is amazing - right down the paint streaks for crosswalks or the shards of broken glass in shot-out windows. As for there not being many games out for it - it hasn't even been out for 10 days, what are you expecting... an entire archive of video games? Besides, if you've ever played Resistance: Fall of Man, you don't need any other games, it's quite possibly one of the most detailed and intense video games I've ever played.

But those are just my 2 cents.

Aquilus

Reaction score
You do know that Gears of War has better graphics than Resistance, right?

EDIT: and the multiplatform games are generally better on the 360 too...

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
acidburn0520 said:
No offense dude, but that's just crap. The graphics are not only better, they're mind blowing. The amount of the detail that the developers put in their games is amazing - right down the paint streaks for crosswalks or the shards of broken glass in shot-out windows. As for there not being many games out for it - it hasn't even been out for 10 days, what are you expecting... an entire archive of video games? Besides, if you've ever played Resistance: Fall of Man, you don't need any other games, it's quite possibly one of the most detailed and intense video games I've ever played.

But those are just my 2 cents.

In no way are the graphics mind-blowing. You have obviously not played a 260.

Graphics are way better than a PS3. And the price is just way better than a PS3

End of Matter

Regards,
Zenax

Goran

Reaction score
Time will whow, time! I think that at this moment whey need to loot work to do! And only winer in that fight is IBM who made procesor for them! For oll 3 consol!