psp vs. ds

jusama14

Reaction score
This kind of thread my have already been created it, but I couldn't find it here so I decided to make one.
Which portable do you guys think is better? psp or ds? Personally I think ds is much better because it has better games and much longer batter life.
Graphics isn't everything!
tongue.gif

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'll have to disagree, Im leaning more twords the PSP

Woolie

Reaction score
My sister has a DS, to be honest, I don't like the look of it that much either, the touch screen, yea it's a bonus but not that impressive.

I personally would go for the PSP just because I happen to like Sony more :grouphug:. Also I prefer the look and feel of it.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
PSP by far.

personally, i wouldnt buy either (why pay so much, i could just get the first generation xbox! same goes for mp3 players)

but yes psp OWNS the DS..
psp has much better graphics and games.. i.e. socom 3!

im not a fan of handheld/compact things.. especially at those prices

dharmil

Reaction score
PSP
you can do so much more with pdp internet/more... DVD'S

jusama14

Reaction score
Internet...haha. You can only use that in your home or at like hotspots. And if you're at your home or even someone's house that has wireless...why not just use a computer???

ƒorte

Reaction score
you people are crazy...

this is no contest at all

DS rocks.

general stoner

Reaction score
I dont think you can compare them. The DS and the PSP are made for 2 different markets. DS is made for all those mario fans and want to see the innovation that nintendo is known for. The PSP I a portable media player that happens to include high end video games. It all comes down to what you are looking for in a portable device. If you want something that looks good and has lots of features get the PSP but If you want something with lots of innovation and something new in the gaming world go for the DS. I happen to own the DS and I love it. The main reason I bought it is the fact it is a lot cheaper than the PSP and since I dont have a whole lot of money that was a major factor in making my purchase

My two cents

soten355

Reaction score
agreed. And the PSP doesn't play dvd's, it plays UMDs. So I have to buy a movie I already have to watch it portably. Why not get a portable dvd player.

XColl

Reaction score
general stoner said:
I dont think you can compare them. The DS and the PSP are made for 2 different markets. DS is made for all those mario fans and want to see the innovation that nintendo is known for. The PSP I a portable media player that happens to include high end video games. It all comes down to what you are looking for in a portable device. If you want something that looks good and has lots of features get the PSP but If you want something with lots of innovation and something new in the gaming world go for the DS. I happen to own the DS and I love it. The main reason I bought it is the fact it is a lot cheaper than the PSP and since I dont have a whole lot of money that was a major factor in making my purchase

My two cents

Wow, you read my exact thoughts. I love you.

Abusi

Reaction score
PSP without a single doupt. Better design, games in general more and better features, well I think everyone about PSP is better concerning DS.

N2PGames

Reaction score
Im all for PSP bc :

• Better Graphics
  • Better Clockspeed 333
  • Wider Screen
  • USB 2.0+ Support
  • Modifiable [Homebrews]
  • Internet Broswer
  • More M-Card
  • More Battery Life
  • Plays UMD Games
  • Plays UMD Movies
  • Plays Cust Music
  • Plays Importaed Movies
  • Shows Images
  • More Settings
  • More User Support
  • Better WI-FI
  • Can be Moded to be used as a Car Remote or TV or House
  • and much much more....

XColl

Reaction score
Here's my review of the DS and the PSP to give users more info.

The DS, is the most funiest handheld that is known to man that you can acually touch the screen to interact with the game, or movie. Nintendo has released many games that involves the touch based screen so you control the gameplay with the stylus mostly. Most of the games that Nintendo released are for everyone and can be played by someone younger. The Movie Player for the NDS is great. Listening music, watching movies, playing homebrewed games, and browsing the internet expecially on the new model, the NDS lite, gives a competition to the PSP.

The PSP, is a multi-media center, that you can take as a portable system. You can watch anything and do everything with it as N2P Games explained, but modding the system can cause a great damage to the system. It is also hard to keep the system clean because it's polished. One fingerprint can be seened. The games are great looking on the PSP, but aren't excited as the ones on the DS. The battery life is easily drained, and buying a memory stick for the PSP cost greatly and costs more than the hardware itself.

The DS and the PSP are great systems, making the two best handhelds currently in the market, but in my opinion the Nintendo DS wins my vote because not of the features and settings or anything that. It is because the games for the DS are very unique and some popular game series known as Mario Bros, is still continued in alot of Nintendo's best selling handelds and consoles.

As far as I know, a Mario game has been released in all handhelds and consoles Nintendo has ever created.