PSP vs DS

VPmase

Reaction score
Well, we're not debating about PC games. We are strictly talkin about DS and PSP.
We all know that PC has 100x better capabilities that consoles since it can be modified an infinite number of times.

Star Wars: Battlefront II is one that beats Mario games any time :p

Metriod Prime Hunters.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
It definitely depends what you are looking for. Especially with homebrew, the PSP can become a monster of a portable media and gaming machine, with multitasking capabilities, Office-like programs and utilities, wireless and USB access to remote storage, javascript and Flash-enabled web browser, larger screen, full-speed emulation for NES/SNES/GB/GBC/N64/GBA/PS1/SG and various other consoles, emulation of OS's including Windows 95 and uClinux, connectable camera, GPS and Google/Virtual earth maps, the ability to use it as a phone via homebrew or Slim Skype, and other endless things. It is a small computer to mold to your liking.

However, everyone knows that Nintendo's games and innovation can't be beat. The DS will keep you entertained for hours on end.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've even seen a few videos of a PSP running Windows Vista! A PSP is a lot slower than a Pentium III system with only 32MB of RAM, so that's a surprise.

duffym

Reaction score
I think the DS really focuses on games and does them better than the PSP. The PSP is good for a gadget-fan because it can replace the ipod and even the cell phone with Skype, so that's good, but the games just aren't as fun as Nintendo hits like pokemon, mario kart, new super mario bros, and even mario 64.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I've even seen a few videos of a PSP running Windows Vista! A PSP is a lot slower than a Pentium III system with only 32MB of RAM, so that's a surprise.

That would be a flash portal, which is not actually Windows Vista, but just a Flash representation with a few games and apps. Also, many people do not know that the PSP has two 333MHz processors, the main 'Allegrex' and the 'Media Engine' which is identical except for a lack of a VPU. It also features a GPU with a 512-bit interface geared toward hardware NURB rendering. The GPU supports effects like vertex blending and fog. Just like the Cell when the PS3 was first released, it can be very powerful if you utilize it.

Conmiro

Reaction score
Ive got the portal, you can access it from the pc, anyone want me to upload it? Its could just upload it to my website. Its just a whole bunch of pages.
Edit:
I think the DS really focuses on games and does them better than the PSP. The PSP is good for a gadget-fan because it can replace the ipod and even the cell phone with Skype, so that's good, but the games just aren't as fun as Nintendo hits like pokemon, mario kart, new super mario bros, and even mario 64.

Not really gonna replace a cell phone, to big, you cant call from your car or school or anywhere w/o a accessible router.

Last edited:

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
Debate for the Sony Psp and the Nintendo Ds.

Il start us off.

The Sony psp can store stuff from your computer.
The Ds has more game related stuff.

Psp wins.

The Sony psp has an internet browser.
The ds has wifi compatabiliy.

Psp wins.

The ds has more games.
The psp has better games.

Ds wins

I AM sonist but since psp is too expensive in my country, i bought an used DS of my friend. Well... i WANT a PSP but anyways, lemme check your affirmatives

The Sony psp can store stuff from your computer.
The Ds has more game related stuff.
Psp wins.

DS can store as well. I use R4 with a 2Gb microSD (r4 is up to 4gb)

The Sony psp has an internet browser.
The ds has wifi compatabiliy.
Psp wins.

DS have internet browser as well. Its Opera. But its kinda slow, requires extra RAM, plugged in slot-2. And i think psp have something about wireless as well.

The ds has more games.
The psp has better games.
Ds wins

PSP winz because it run emulator of lots of consoles... so, it pwnz