Pull my finger

Any_Key

Reaction score
Now that I've gotten you to look, time to start the show.

So I'm supposed to just go giving out information about myself here? Well if that's how it works my social security number is...
Yeah, right. On to better things, well different anyway.

I'm a 23 year old student from the United States trying to put together a site to mimic something that usually costs a few thousand for free because studying for Med School isn't stressful enough, that and I'm a total RPG geek at times.

I'm developing a pen and paper RPG system around a TV show I got into some years ago and want to move it to the web without actually making anything like an MMORPG. I find that they tend to ruin the role-playing part and replace it with button mashing and macros. This is great for some people, but not me.
The system I'm trying to duplicate is basically a Digichat with a few extras. As of now I think I've found a suitable chat system, a good forum for doing any post by post stuff, a good CMS (Need to test it out more) so I can publish the game system, and even something to keep track of my character sheets (I need to make custom templates but hey, I have a good start.). All I'm missing is a dice roller that logs rolls so the GM/DM can verify a players action, but I may be able to find a hack for my chat room that just broadcasts the results in the room.

Right now the system being used to actually play is an edited version of YAGS. It's free, it's easy, it's small enough that mechanics can be distilled for the casual player, and there's already a good amount of reference material. If I, or a player, find something better that can be adapted I'll move to that but this is working for me in play testing.

I'll post details on the site setup once I have something stable working if anyone wants to know. For now I just need to get the darn thing off the ground.

That's all for now.

lethington

Reaction score
That sounds like an engaging project. I hope you have fun building the site as well as using it. Send me a note if you want any help figuring things out. I am no expert, but I don't mind rifling through the web to look for solutions to scripting problems.

-Lamar