PunBB

XColl

Reaction score
I'd like see some forums that are running phpBB so I can get an idea of what to do with my site.

None of my youtube subscribers are registering on my site (I'm using E107) and knowing the reason why (content loads slow on slow connections). I've accessed it from a local library and from school so I'm guessing I need to switch (they have a FIOS connection). Switching from a CMS to a forum base system seems more simple for the user thus will register and contribute to the site.

Anyone using PunBB please suggest some plugins/themes/ or mods to use and their forum too?

xPlozion

Reaction score
I'm using fluxbb, which is a fork of punbb. flux has the creators of punbb as the devs since pun was sold to a russian developer.

as of now, flux is the "main" of the two, since pun just commits the updates that flux makes.

the themes are real easy to make and even easier to integrate into your site. check my site for a perfect example (btw, i've custom modded it and i'm not using any prebuilt mods (punres.org).

XColl

Reaction score
I went ahead and used phpBB. I might use punBB for another idea though. Doesn't look hard to skin on PunBB. I even have problems showing a mod on phpBB to show correctly.

I wish IPB still gave out those long term free trials. Ahh, I could change that dull forum to anything.

/cries

XColl

Reaction score
Update: I'm thinking of using PunBB for my game project. Mind helping how you got a template like that for CheaterCheater?

xPlozion

Reaction score
it was actually quite easy. fluxbb (fork of pun, and has the original devs from pun) has a very simple template system. you can edit the template file and add html to it. All I did was add the header and footer html into flux's theme file and voila, it's there.

you cannot use php in the templates, so you'll have to include the php file. i don't recall the exact syntax used, but it's easy and i will find it out later for you.

freecrm

Reaction score
I use phpBB3 just for my forums section, but I find it very tricky to mod.