Python 3

kolanich

Reaction score
Hello admins.
The forum community and I want Python 3.
Better to make both interpreters, python 2 and python 3, be available to webmasters.
and it will be good to see shellbang lines in server stats block

Last edited:

dlukin

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, they have both 2.4 and 2.6 binaries with 2.4 being the "default".
Not sure if it would be really difficult to add the 3.0 binary which could be 'selected' via the shebang line while keeping 2.4 as the "default". That way it would not "break" any existing scripts.

Last edited:

shatteredcode

Reaction score
While I think it would be great to use Python 3 on my site, the installation of a piece of software over multiple machines, most of which are completely free for their users, is a large task. If this thread had 1000 replies, with people FLOODING to see 3.0 on the server, they might do something about it. I doubt, however, that much will happen for a while.

joeplumber95

Reaction score
Hello admins.
The forum community and I want Python 3.
Better to make both interpreters, python 2 and python 3, be available to webmasters.
and it will be good to see shellbang lines in server stats block

I maybe not concern about the Python 3 at this time. So please exclude me out of your "forum community".
Thanks.

kolanich

Reaction score
ok
The MOST of the forum community and I want Python 3.

Last edited:

cheezo

Reaction score
christ! i don't get what this thread is all about!

its easy to actually talk about bin/bash, perl and python but this i think ruined my frame of reference :D