qsn about hosting high traffic blog

mushfiq.biz26

Reaction score
I am new here. Just registered. I have have blog at blogger. Its a humor blog. Getting very good traffic. now want to use my own domain and shift to wordpress. It seems x10 is the best.
Humor bloggers have to use lot of images and have good traffic. Last month page views of my blog is around 90,0000
So is there any problem with these condition or any restriction ?

Texas

Reaction score
Welcome to x10! Enjoy your stay here. If you currently experience or anticipate high traffic at your blog, you may want to upgrade to x10 Premium or x10 VPS for unlimited bandwidth, disk space/storage, along with other features. This will accomodate for your high traffic blog. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Number of visitors isn't an issue, as all accounts here have unlimited bandwidth.

However, there are a few things you should note:
1. Wordpress is notorious for using way too much CPU, and we have scanners in place to automatically suspend accounts for using high resources (such as too much CPU). The best way to avoid this is to 1) install a caching plugin like WP-Supercache, 2) disable any plugins you don't need, especially SEO/sitemap generation plugins. If you do get suspended for high resources, it is a temporary suspension and you can unsuspend yourself to fix the issue.
2. Load times aren't always the fastest on free hosting and uptime is around 98-99%. While we strive to get 100% uptime and fast load times, please note that this isn't always possible. To get consistently fast load times and a 99.9% uptime guarantee, you should consider purchasing Illuminated or Premium
3. That said, x10 is still a great place to host your site! Should you find yourself running into issues, you can post on the Free Hosting Support forum, where a community support representative can answer your question

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome to x10! Enjoy your stay here. If you currently experience or anticipate high traffic at your blog, you may want to upgrade to x10 Premium or x10 VPS for unlimited bandwidth, disk space/storage, along with other features. This will accomodate for your high traffic blog. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Just to clarify, some features of premium are unlimited, but disk space is subject to a fair usage policy. Please read the respective Terms before signing up. With VPS the restrictions on bandwidth and/or disk space vary per package.

mushfiq.biz26

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply :)

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Number of visitors isn't an issue, as all accounts here have unlimited bandwidth.

However, there are a few things you should note:
1. Wordpress is notorious for using way too much CPU, and we have scanners in place to automatically suspend accounts for using high resources (such as too much CPU). The best way to avoid this is to 1) install a caching plugin like WP-Supercache, 2) disable any plugins you don't need, especially SEO/sitemap generation plugins. If you do get suspended for high resources, it is a temporary suspension and you can unsuspend yourself to fix the issue.
2. Load times aren't always the fastest on free hosting and uptime is around 98-99%. While we strive to get 100% uptime and fast load times, please note that this isn't always possible. To get consistently fast load times and a 99.9% uptime guarantee, you should consider purchasing Illuminated or Premium
3. That said, x10 is still a great place to host your site! Should you find yourself running into issues, you can post on the Free Hosting Support forum, where a community support representative can answer your question

So if my blog is suspended for high resource it will be automatically. Suddenly my blog will be unavailable! right? If i am offline for few days and don't notice that then it will be unavailable for few days?? Thats a problem .. !

Last edited:

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
If your account gets suspended, yes, your website will be unavailable to the public, and they will get a "Suspended Account" page.