Question about Ad's and Proxys

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoster123

idiot
Reaction score
Ok guys, heres a tricky for you...

If i placed the ad into a frame (E.g. On the top or the bottom) and gave a link in the same window allowing the user to close the frame, would that be allowed?

The User would see the link first when they hit my site (I would use php, and check if a certain session variable had been set so that people could not bypass the ad), and then it would stay closed for the rest of the session (Until they close their browser, and the session cookie is deleted).

Also, if i were to put a cgi proxy onto my site, password protected, for my use only (When i am at school, accessing legitimate sites that my school technicians can do nothing about because the council have blocked it), would that be allowed also?

Many Thanks

Tom
:thefinger to the "Bunny" sig
Also :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: at this community and hosting :)

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ad's must be showing on EVERY page at ALL TIMES. and no you can not have any proxys on your site.

hoster123

idiot
Reaction score
Fine... I give in :)

Just waiting for the bypass script / lottery to accept me...

Plans: Shove my main site into a frameset with the ad on the bottom, php checking ad is showing, ad window refresh every minute.... Just a thought

Tom

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
hoster123 said:
Fine... I give in :)

Just waiting for the bypass script / lottery to accept me...

Plans: Shove my main site into a frameset with the ad on the bottom, php checking ad is showing, ad window refresh every minute.... Just a thought

Tom

Ad on the bottom? Ads must be at the top, or to the point where you don't have to scroll to see the ad..

hoster123

idiot
Reaction score
No Offense, do you know what a frameset is?

Frames are like this (If the forum doesnt screw the format up...)

|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
| Content in here... BLah Blah Drone WItter |
|Advert in here - always visible - links above nav in ^^|

So the ad is always visible without scrolling, all the time, always at the bottom - what i was wondering was if i could put a "Close" link, so that the user would acknowledge the ad was there, and close it if it got in the way (Unlikely as its not too big).

[EDIT] Forum screwed format up
Tom

Last edited:

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
No, They can not close the ad. The ad has to be showing at all times. and can not be takin off or closed or whatever.

hoster123

idiot
Reaction score
So not really like Lycos, where there is a close button...

Rightyho, ill just do that then, frameset with ad in bottom showing all the time (Frame might be resizable mind, hope not bother you)

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.